Sign in to follow this  
Davih

supreme / fantastic item "crafting"

3 minutes ago, Davih said:

Did you really think i was expecting to convince someone like you?

For as big as your ego feels, your three giant "-1" still count as one.

So, i accept your opinion, even i i think it's wrong, and i reject your implied accusation of making this thread for my benefit, which should be pretty much clear to anyone who actually bothered to read and understand.

Thanks and goodbye.

If you accept his opinion, then a reply shouldn't be necessary.  You have as big of a problem with his "ego" as I have a problem with your greed for money making suggestions to make the game easier.

Creation of rares/supremes/fantastic items needs to be removed altogether.  The same people that spam rares on a daily basis are the same people that are suggesting making creation even easier than it already is.  Lets see you spam rares from imping, as most Wurmians do, hot shot.

• Like 1

Just now, Wargasm said:

If you accept his opinion, then a reply shouldn't be necessary.  You have as big of a problem with his "ego" as I have a problem with your greed for money making suggestions to make the game easier.

Creation of rares/supremes/fantastic items needs to be removed altogether.  The same people that spam rares on a daily basis are the same people that are suggesting making creation even easier than it already is.  Lets see you spam rares from imping, as most Wurmians do, hot shot.

I just have a problem with false and biased accusations.
I didn't have a problem with his opinion, i'm pretty sure he doesn't even have a really strong one, he basically read my name and came here to troll.
What should i expect from someone who even put up a ridiculous charade in which he tried to invite a bunch of people over in a PM group to insult me because he want to play to be the big guy and can't even control his temper, as his multiple giant red -1 shows.

And how curious, you were just in that group, and here you are accusing me of being greedy again, as much as you did when your friends stole and scammed my GF out of a whole goblin leader and then everyone ammited to be guilty and apologized in the end (necro included)

Let's stop pretending to be having a civil conversation when you guys are just here to be spiteful cause you're still mad at us.
You don't need to try this hard and spam here, i'm pretty sure this idea was never going to be taken into consideration anyway.

Want me to try and make rares by improving as most wurmians do?
Oh, look, i still have a screenshot opened in my browser from yesterday: LOL

Spoiler

jGVK7Ep.jpg

Let's just move on, pretty please.
You misinterpreted and hijacked enough threads, there's really no need for one more.

• Like 1

On 19/2/2018 at 8:28 AM, Davih said:

I meant a system that denies you rare rolls on non-premium accounts if you are already logged from the same IP with another account. But again, even if they were to remove rare rolls completely from non premium, i won't complain.
To be honest though, with the current system that might not be very effective anyway, if you plan on grinding rares nonstop for 2 weeks, premming up 3-4 extra accounts for 15 days wouldn't be the end of the world investment-wise.
I think i would also suggest a system that bring the creation chance of a rare to a maximum of 33% for everything instead of the current 100% on 2-component items. To bring it in line with the "improving to rare chance"

Also, nobody read this, i guess, i'll just quote myself to make it easier?

Edited by Davih
  • Like 1

No I will not just move on because I do not like this suggestion, just because you are the OP does not mean that others are not entitled to comment here whether you like them or not.

I am sorry that you are bringing past into this suggestion thread. I do not like this idea, never said a thing about you.

Anyways once again, regardless of how you word it I still don't like the suggestion so...

I didn't post because your name is Davih.  But, thank you for showing the community how toxic and begrudged you are.

I posted because I disagree with making the game easier.

I do not support any suggestion that makes it easy for people to temporarily line their pockets with silver while one of the facets of the game is completely destroyed in the process.  I disagree just as much with the other thread proposing the crafting of tomes, and any other similar thread in the future.

If you want something good, go out and earn it.

You are perfectly allowed to not like the suggestion, you already made that more than clear. i don't have a problem with that.

I have a problem with you coming here to say that i'm greedy and that i have made this suggestion for greediness. (which also makes it clear that you didn't even bother to read much)
 And yeah, i heard that from you many times, so if  see you coming here and accusing me of being greedy again, it's pretty clear who is trying to bring "the past" back.

You want to keep pretending and suddenly play the innocent?

No problem then, i will repeat once again that i accept your needlessly large 5x -1. 

If you have anything else to add about the suggestion feel free to post it.
If you have anything else to say about me please move on, and refrain from ever doing that again, thanks.

Edited by Davih

'What if I could take these 50 rare picks i have sitting here and make a fantastic...'

runs to suggestions forum

• Like 7

On 18/2/2018 at 8:20 PM, Etherdrifter said:

Add in the need of 10/50 source crystals for rare->sumpreme/supreme->fantastic and I think you'll be on to a winner (especially if there are more ways to gain source crystals than just mining...)

I was thinking about a special cauldron or a kind of furnace with three slots (like the 2 slots of the crafting window).
First slot: the item you want to upgrade.
Second slot: all the other items required.
Third slot: source crystals.

It would be nice :) and in this way there are less chances to select the wrong item to upgrade

5 minutes ago, Davih said:

You are perfectly allowed to not like the suggestion, you already made that more than clear. i don't have a problem with that.

I have a problem with you coming here to say that i'm greedy and that i have made this suggestion for greediness. (which also makes it clear that you didn't even bother to read much)
 And yeah, i heard that from you many times, so if  see you coming here and accusing me of being greedy again, it's pretty clear who is trying to bring "the past" back.

You want to keep pretending and suddenly play the innocent?

No problem then, i will repeat once again that i accept your needlessly large 5x -1. 

If you have anything else to add about the suggestion feel free to post it.
If you have anything else to say about me please move on, and refrain from ever doing that again, thanks.

Well I do have something to add about the suggestion.

The suggestion itself is greedy.

Oh and once again:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, necroe said:

Well I do have something to add about the suggestion.

The suggestion itself is greedy.

Oh and once again:

A suggestion is not a person, it cannot be greedy.

But ofc, you're not here for trolling, my mistake.

And Toolhead definitively isn't another one of your friends.

Such a nice story, do you guys realize this thread got a single -1 in more than 48 hours and then suddenly got a bunch of disagreeing people all together in less than 3 hours?
rofl.

Edit :Just for the record, i don't even have 10 rare items of the same kind, but i have a fantastic

Edited by Davih

1 minute ago, Davih said:

A suggestion is not a person, it cannot be greedy.

But ofc, you're not here for trolling, my mistake.

And Toolhead definitively isn't another one of your friends.

Such a nice story, do you guys realize this thread got a single -1 in more than 48 hours and then suddenly got a bunch of disagreeing people all together in less than 3 hours?
rofl.

The time period that the negative votes and positive votes have happened is irrelevant, why are you trying to make this about you?

This has 0 to do with you except that you are the one that made this poor suggestion.

Again this suggestion is horrible.

9 hours ago, Luttuosa said:

Well, you think that a saturated market means "all players have a rare of everything"; it is not that simple. I know. It means there is a huge abundance of a products too, and when there are tons of a thing, its value goes down, this is how the market works. Well there are more bricks out there than rare items... defining it by abundance isn't enough, but i understand what you mean. So I think it is clear that merchants can't just switch to other kind of rares, because wurm is already full of rares, any kind. Total bs, and i dont mean blacksmithing. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of players without SOOOO many types of rares. The only problem is they have no functionality.

And, again, people who likes to craft rares by themself why should be bothered if someone else buy something? I am bothered, and you don't understand why which is understandable. Take my word for it. Are you telling me that nobody should buy something because that would ruin the spirit of the game? Nope, this is not soley based on purchase. I would be happy if i got a useful supreme and i wouldnt mind another person buying a useful supreme because i know somebody made that supreme. It is the addition of another mechanic that makes it so somebody could buy the rares that are stacking up in the market due to grinding and making them into supremes. Its not just market... Why then don't apply your thought to improves too: why should someone buy an improve instead of being happy to wait until his/her skill will be high enough? Your example involves only one person and does not describe the dissatisfaction of an event due to the simplicity of another person's actions to get the same result. 
Should all players wait a irl life to have their own drake scale set because it would be unfair to collect scales from uniques you didn't personally hunt? This example also does not relate to the issue. However imagine leather was easy to get in high ql, and somebody suggested fusing 1k of 100ql leather into .1kg of drake hide, and .1k of 100ql leather and maybe 2kg of seryll for .1kg of drake scale. Those who go around hunting uniques would not have the same satisfaction because players can just farm the leather and then combine the "useless stuff that wont sell" into "useful stuff I'll either keep or sell"

But esecially: "If nobody has a fantastic long bow and somebody makes it, that person gets huge satisfaction from it. If a bunch of vets have a fantastic long bow and somebody makes it, its less satisfying. If those vets got it by fusing all the stuff they made in the past, its even less satisfying, as least for me." 

If there are more fantastics there is no satisfaction on having one of them. Do you play alone and are only going by your own experiences when you state this? I shared my experience and stated that its MINE. I can mention another person's experience. A long time ago i lived on willow harbor and a friend lost his enchanted pickaxe. He was EXTREMELY happy when his friend was imping a pickaxe and it became a supreme. this supreme pickaxe was definitely not the first supreme to exist, but it would not have been the same if it was fusion AT LEAST FOR ME. I would respond "cool, could have gotten it by fusion" If there are tons of rares, there is not satisfaction in having one of them. So you are telling that rares are less desiderable; do you see? Maybe you found one of the problems too. Plus, I can assure you that making a fantastic with 70/100 rares would take a veeeeery long time before the market would become full of fantastics. Especially if they find a way to block the spamming of rares. No need to avoid rare spamming, just make higher end tools. Right now high end is just steel at super high quality with high enchants (Can do moonmetal... but how many tools need moonmetals. Seryll isn't neccessary for a good player, just handy for the 1% fail chance) and steel isnt even that handy. Its extremely easy to make an iron tool and it just takes imps at any level to make a rare roll chance occur. If its easy to improve, its easy to spam the chance to get rares. With harder to obtain materials, it would be harder to make a rare. What better way than methods like combining alchemy to make special clay for enhanced pottery stuff, using metallurgy more often in the game for metal tools, and making forestry needed to grow specific trees that yield wood with special properties. Harder to pump out the tools in 90+ql because of mats? harder to make a rare, less rares and higher in value, lower in supply and higher in demand. Another solution? make the rares cooler in terms of looks and functionality and ADD functionality to some things. But no, this is just fuse the crap into crap.

Pros: Davih and other rare item holders get to sell their items or fuse them and then sell... is that really a pro?

Cons: devalues supremes and fantastics. 

5 hours ago, Yiraia said:

Pros: Davih and other rare item holders get to sell their items or fuse them and then sell... is that really a pro?
Cons: devalues supremes and fantastics. 

Lol sure, you just decided to jump on the troll train?

I definitively have more supremes than even total rares/5 ,both for sale and for personal use.
I also have a fantastic that i will probably sell soon.

And no, i don't think this change would have devalued supremes, because people would have finally had the need for extra ones. Fantastics are hard to tell how much they are worth in general, because nobody have them for sale, would have been hard to tell how much they were worth even before, or to make any comparison, but to be honest, i think that just even the idea that someone, sooner or later in life, would have had the opportunity of having a fantastic toolset (i.e. file+mallet+carving knife) would have probably made them more interesting. 

Right now, people aren't even much interested in them, I just got a fantastic carveing knife for a price that is sensibly lower than the value of even just 50x rare carving knives.
And it's a pretty awesome item
38MoYq9.png

Besides from the fact that this idea was not very likely to be implemented anwyay (as some other people already stated in the first page) i posted and wrote several ideas that would undoubtably go against anything that you assume i am doing or hoping for. And this should be pretty much clear by reading and understanding, so this is just becoming annoying.

6 hours ago, Davih said:

Right now, people aren't even much interested in them, I just got a fantastic carveing knife for a price that is sensibly lower than the value of even just 50x rare carving knives.
38MoYq9.png

What is awesome about the fantastic carving knife? Does it compare to what a priest can cast or a rift fighter/crafter can make? If not, maybe if the fantastic was actually interesting it would actually sell. You are stating a perfect example as to why rarity items should have more functionality, rather than just fusing them and you don't even see it :/. Very few people out there have fantastic carving knives and you can't sell it. The number of rares in the game don't matter, its how useful they are.

Also,

6 hours ago, Davih said:

Lol sure, you just decided to jump on the troll train?

After stating that you decide to talk about how you can't sell your fantastic. You also said

On 18/02/2018 at 1:19 PM, Davih said:

I was talking with someone that gave me this idea, we laughed about it, then i tought better about the possible implications, and i tought it might very well be something good for the game and the market.

It's not a secret that the current market is overrun by rares of all kinds, and since some rares are "simply too many" , their market price and desirability is sinking.

Because the rare market is obviously saturated, not only that affects every existing player, but even if a new player lucks out and makes a rare pickaxe, it's not going to be a very rare and desiderable item for other players and will be hard to sell.

This would give new life to the market. add "feeling of longevity" to the game for endgame-pvers, people might want to decide to "slowly build" their fantastic or even just supreme toolset a piece at the time and therefore all the rare items on the market will probably be made desirable again, at least for a very,very long time.

Your idea is less fun and directed towards being able to sell the rares people have in stock, rather than bringing new stuff to do. Id rather promote grinding on a huge variety of items to attempt to get many kinds of rares that are handy.

Sorry, i don't understand, where did i write that i can't/won't sell my fantastic carving knife? o.o
I always wrote that i will probably sell it, lol

I think it's a pretty awesome item, improves in 4.8secs timer and create shafts at 2.9 secs (which is actually 2.0 real seconds)

There goes my memory, Accidentally combined:

9 hours ago, Davih said:

I also have a fantastic that i will probably sell soon.

AND

Thought you tried selling a fantastic carving knife for a considerably low price and nobody was interested. 

The idea is a fun one. I agree with it on principle, but I would change the number of rare/supreme items needed to upgrade. I'd increase it to 8/15. Why, you ask?

I want to make it economic unviable to upgrade. If someone is simply looking to profit, then it would be better to sell the rares and buy a supreme off the market. But if someone was really adamant about making their own supreme/fantastic (perhaps for signature purposes), then this avenue is open to them.

• Like 1

Surplus of supply, not enough demand...

Increasing demand through new players is not the most likely option.  We can probably all agree on that.

So this suggestion increases demand, while doing nothing about supply though.

It sort of does in suggesting the change to abusing alts and rare creation mechanics.  Presumably would cut down the spamming.

It also eats up existing inventories, but then the question is how fast can people restock...

Still, a logical extension of this suggestion is to change the rare creation algorithm at its core.  I know it's rng, but even rng can be manipulated programmatically to greater or lesser effect.

If too many rares are being created, using them up is one idea.

Ultimately, another approach is tackling the supply side and making rares back to actually being rare.

• No rares prior to premium
  • No rares on creation, but only on imping
  • Rare possibility only on items that have existed in the world for a predetermined {amount of time} * 0.rng
  • Rare possibility only on items that have been used in the world {x number of times} * 0.rng so creation of rares involves more than just manufacturing.
  • etc.

I think once things have been brought back into equilibrium, then I would +1 this suggestion because I think tackling the underlying issue should come first.  Adding more mechanics to existing problematic/abused mechanics will just confound the issue and make it harder to unwind down the road when it becomes a problem again.