Sign in to follow this  
KindraShae

cooking prep tables

I was just putting together some meals, and I thought that things would be much better if we could have a prep table to work on. Inventory is limited for space, oven if you are cooking a lot, the meals can cook before the ingredients are all in... having a prep table to chop etc and put the meals together on before they are ready for the oven, would help a lot and would make sense in the terms of the game play. Where we could put the frying pan or other cooking vessel, get the ingredients ready, and in the vessel then just pop them in the oven when we are finished. 

• Like 4

Small carts are perfect for this.  Or a raft on the floor, or a wagon, etc.

Not really needed.

1 hour ago, Wargasm said:

Not really needed.

But, but, think of the lore! :P Kitchen tables are -real-. Who ever in a RL estate prepared at the kitchen raft? :P (Now for long journeys, a chuck wagon makes sense, but we don't have those sorts of nomadic mechanics or pressures in Wurm.)

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Wargasm said:

Not really needed.

Do your dinner guests know about this? :P

• Like 1

Yeah there can be work-arounds but I think the prep table would work better in the game, and I don't think it'd be too difficult to implement :P I don't want to cook in a raft! Imagine how sore my back would be after a long session. And lighting after works, if you are doing just a single round of meals... but if you want to leave the oven lit over a long time, that won't work.

Simple solution:

Just give the existing tables an inventory.  Problem solved.

• Like 2

I don't want to have the fire die on me every time and have to put more kindling in... I use peat, and it stays going.   Inventory would be nice yes but would also be nice to have 'regular' tables and be able to set things on them... like plates, for example. or flowers... (Now I'm just getting greedy! :P)