Sign in to follow this  
stickher

what freedom server to play on ?

Im thinking about starting a new character on freedom. Ive already played on celebration and xanadu. What do you guys think would be a good sever to play on as a new character on any of the other freedom servers? One preferably with low lever mobs to go hunting on at the start.

The real question is whether you want a shoreline deed or not.  With the server travel changes over the last few years, you can pretty much get to any shoreline rather quickly, making your server home less relevant.  But if you want an interior deed away from the oceans, I think you will have the best chance of finding something ideal on Independence.

haven't decided if i wanted to live on the shore or deep into the server. considering both options. What part of Virginia do you live in? use to live there

OK, so find yourself a coastal deed near a steppe and a dense forest.  I wouldn't recommend Indi for hunting, I wouldn't recommend Xanadu for living, which pretty much leaves any 8x8 server that tickles your fancy, including Celebration.

Edited by Wurmhole
Don't like the OPs name at all. Pretty offensive especially when combined with his ship name.
  • Like 1

Pristine has the most gentle terrain of any server I've lived on.  One of the best servers for hunting.  Just avoid the "deed cancer" around Blossom and you're fine.

Oddly enough, release is quite good for both hunting and living.  A lot of the old titan megadeeds are dropping as time goes by, plenty of space for a good waterfront home!

If you are trying for a fun time, with a good mix of players, hunting, sights to see, not sailing for hours to get to your deed and off the server then I would say Release. The comm on release and pristine are pretty integrated together so if your on one of them its almost like your on both.

2nd choice here its a close second is pristine.

Like any server both have great people and groups.

Release, I would recommend getting in with fairyshines group, friendly group of experienced helpful people. (not trying to leave peeps out just only really know of that group there now a days tbh)

On pristine you have three good choices for alliance imo. You could seek out tuga and smackedown, evenings or ladygodiva and serraphines groups. Lots of great groups there to have some fun with there.

Now this is all ONLY because it seemed celebration is out of the question here since you wanted a new server and you had done cele.

Because obviously Celebration is the best of all servers.

Pristine FTW! Plenty of nice coastal locations and a great server all around. 

Before i began playing, I researched the different servers.  I chose to play on Independence because it had a reputation as a server with humans who skew older in age and have longevity in Wurm.   

I have stayed on Indy because it's active.  

Indy Freedom chat is active. If it goes quiet and you're in the mood to chat, you just start talking and it becomes active.

Indy completes many/most of the missions.  It's an active server which works together to get missions completed.  

Indy announces its rift every 9 days on the forums here, with map and timers. People show up to the rifts, and they're closed in an hour or two.

Indy is huge, but not Xanadu huge and doesn't have Xanadu's lag problem.  Whatever terrain you're looking for, you'll find on Indy and have plenty of room to deed without nearby neighbors.

Indy has a major system of highways connecting the entire server, and takes its highway system very seriously.
Indy's cartography team is active, and the Community Maps (one for deeds and one for the CE networks) are continuously updated. They're also pixel-perfect scaled to each tile on the server, which is kinda impressive.

• Like 2