Sign in to follow this  
Fablecrafter

"Winter" - On Mountain Tops

I know that having snow on mountains has been suggested before, but what about having any tiles after such and such an amount of "dirts/slope" above the water table, just always be in winter? It'd allow for year round collection/production/supply of snowballs, and let some people be happy that mountain tops have snow.

Granted I know this'll probably bother quite a few people who live on tops of mountains that hate the snow/winter textures, but can't we get moar realism into the game? I mean it is supposed to be somewhat real, is it not? The whole purpose in how Wurm is intended to work and be played is to be more real than other mmos and sandbox games?

Not really sure coding wise if it's possible to have areas using texture sets designed for a season while the others aren't currently using them, but figured I'd make the suggestion in this form, due to some mountain tops, not being rock... If everything up there used the winter textures it'd look more natural than just poofing snow on a mountain top while all the trees are still green and leafy :P 

• Like 3

This horse has been beaten so much, I'm not entirely sure it was a horse to begin with...

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 0:19 PM, Fablecrafter said:

Granted I know this'll probably bother quite a few people who live on tops of mountains that hate the snow/winter textures

This is the reason I wouldn't want to have snow capped mountains, unless it could be permanently removed by someone settling at that elevation. Then natural snow caps would be a nice visual.

=Ayes=