Sign in to follow this  
Eep

From 2nd floor up, embarked on 1st floor large cart as commander; now cart on 2nd floor and animals on 1st--help!

As the subject says, I was on a 2nd floor above a large cart on the 1st floor below. I was trying to load a bed onto the cart through a floor opening but Wurm wasn't having it so I embarked on the cart as commander from the 2nd floor through the floor opening. The cart teleported to the 2nd floor but the animals (2 bulls) remained on the lower floor! I can't get the cart down and the animals just stop at the walls of the 2nd floor even though they're on the 1st floor. How can I fix this? Also, how to load cargo from different levels?

Embark the cart and move it around on 2nd floor, bulls should be on 2nd floor even if - visually - they show on 1st floor (after moving the cart on 2nd floor, they will show being there).

To bring the cart down, you should be on 2nd floor; unhitch the animals, have the cart close to the opening, use a (regular) rope on the cart (while you are on the 2nd floor!) - haul down. Once the cart is on 1st floor (and while you still are on the 2nd floor with the animals), lead the animals and hitch them to the cart below through the opening.

That should bring them all downstairs.

Also, easiest way to bring things upstairs is to load them in a cart/wagon, bring the cart/wagon near an opening, unhitch animals, go up the ladder, use a rope through opening on the cart/wagon - haul up. Then unload the cargo, use the rope on cart/wagon - haul down.

Pushing things around on deed is very fast (especially if you bind a key to "push"), so whatever things you unloaded, mouse over them and spam press the push bound key to move them in the desired place.

Hopefully I explained everything well, and it will work for you ;)

Thanks, Evening! That's such a wonky way to move things...yeesh!

It's just a graphical glitch.  I never worry about the animals.  Just stand above or below the wagon or cart on the level you want it to be on, and embark.  The cart will insta-move to your location.

• Like 1