Sign in to follow this  
Sklo:D

[PVP] Sklotopolis Dungeon - Round #1

Dungeon - A PVP Challenge by Sklotopolis - Round #1

Sklotopolis is going to the next level and introduces a PVP Challenge based server. What's Challenge? Challenge is an old concept in Wurm which was a big success in the first rounds but has been discarded by the Wurm Online developers before Wurm Unlimited was released. We are now trying to take the concept and improve it further. On challenge we will have two kingdoms Horde of the Summoned and Jenn-Kellon fighting against each other on a PVP Map sized 2048x2048 tiles. 

Dungeon will be the ultimative PVP experience without anyone who has to fear a loss or a long time bad influence on a character. The Dungeon rounds will be limited to exactly one calendar month, which means that each round will start on the first of every month and end on the last of every month. Maybe this doesn't make too much sense for someone who hasn't played on a PVP server, but it fixes PVP in this game in various ways. PVP in Wurm has been broken for almost 6 years now and DEVs have been unable to fix it since then. We have also seen it on different Wurm Unlimited server that there is interest in PVP but the victory of the world is decided within one month and players quit playing on the server. The major problem of PVP is the late game experience which is more than just boring, but with challenge we will never experience a late game PVP experience. 

The server will run for one calendar month and provides a clean and fresh start for every player. The reset happens every second month and is an automated process which doesn't need any developer interaction. Of course this server will not be grindy at all because of the limited time, action timers will be 20 times faster and skill timers will be 10 times faster compared to the EPIC server of Wurm Online. The Dungeon also has the Epic curve enabled, which provides a huge advantage in skill gain and makes the game much more enjoyable. For example bringing digging to an effective skill of 90 should take no longer than one hour. We also hope that the limited time will make this world about playing, enjoying and having fun in the game instead of PVP drama as we have seen it on Wurm Online.

In the first rounds we will collect a lot feedback about the map, all the mods and some other PVP related stuff. We will use almost all mods we also have on our PVE cluster, to make the game more like it was meant to be played in the first place. There will be no real rewards in the first few rounds, but a live score list will be available from beginning, so the competition is real and there will be winners for sure.

The world will also have various ressource points deployed all around the map, which will spawn very fancy and valueable stuff. This is where the most PVP interaction will take place, but also a HOTA and some other mechanics to force people into PVP will be given. Dungeon will also be 100% seperated from our PVE cluster, you will only keep the coins on your bank account between the resets. As I have mentioned above this is a try to make PVP more attractive to all players, without ending up with a dead world. We are planning to run at least 6 rounds, depending on the interest we will put more or less development power into the world. If the interest is high enough we will improve the PVP experience in the game , create a pool of maps which will be chosen randomly each month and much more.

First round will already start on the 1st March, 2018 around 8 PM UTC and will run until 31st of March, 2018, you need a new character to join and can enter the adventure via a portal on our login server.

Round #2 will start on 1st May, 2018. There is always a month break between the rounds to improve the world and dig through the collected feedback. The break will also help to keep the concept interesting hopefully as it is not something which is there all the time.

Furthermore I can already proudly present the map of our Dungeon server:

This map is inspired by the map Orion created by the awesome map creator @ausimus, which is available for the public in the Wurm Unlimited forums.

WgyTfmR.jpg

Who are we?

Sklotopolis is one of the most successful and most stable Wurm Unlimited servers out there, we have been up and running since 1st November 2015 and we are still growing and working on this project.

Read all about Sklotopolis in our Wurm Unlimited forum thread right here:

More information

http://www.sklotopolis.bplaced.net/

Steam Group

Forum

Discord

Disclaimer: We are aware that there are multiple client modifications which can make PVP very unfair, but in the first place this server should be about the fun. If the interest is high enough, there is a good custom client protection concept we have planned, which could go live in the future.

Edited by Sklo:D
  • Like 3

FAQ

Q: First, the question I would think everyone is asking, will there be religion on Dungeon?
A: First round we will have Vyn, Mag, Fo and Lib available. Skloso will not be available as we don't want to spoil anything.

Q: How will mechanics of being able to choose a god, faith leveling, spells casting, etc work?
A: Choosing a faith will be possible via the holy altars which are in the enemy territory, or via converting by an existing follower. Everything for leveling will be the same as on the PVE cluster just a lot faster. We will improve things as we go.

Q: Could we have any details on the win conditions before the server opens? Stuff we should be aiming for?
A: We use the Wurm Online defaults for now. These 9 conditions will apply to the first rounds. http://storm.wurmonline.com/challenge/main1.html

Q: If we'll be keeping our money between each reset, will coins serve any purpose?
A: Yes, coins will be used for trading and founding deeds. You will be able to collect coins via killing animals and coins will also be available at supply depots. The amount of coins will be limited in the first rounds to force people in bigger villages and work together but free deeds will also apply on Dungeon.

Q: Will both kingdoms be able to make new settlements, or are we going to be restricted to the two we're given?
A: Both kingdoms can found settlements, the free deeds apply to the server, maybe the amount per steamid will be more limited. Everything for expanding needs to be paid with coins stolen from the enemy, found at supply depots or collected by killing animals.

Q: Are characters reset also with the server?
A: Everything expect the coins on your bank will be reset to provide a fair and clean PVP atmosphere each round.
Shouldn't be a big loss as we have the epic curve enabled plus 10 times faster skillgain than on Epic, which makes about 20 times faster skillgain in total.

Q: Are multiple clients taboo for this PvP server, what if we own two paid official wurm client?
A: Multiple clients will be allowed, maybe there are just some more restrictions e.g. less accounts can be online at the same time compared to PVE. Another steamid will give you the opprotunity to have some more accounts online, on the other hand you would need another PC for that, so that is not really something to fear.

Q: Will there be Hota or other prizes wins and do we get to keep them for our real deeds?
A: As mentioned there will be a HOTA tournament running every few days on the server. For the first rounds there will not be any prizes for your real deeds, if the interest is high enough there will be prizes in later rounds of course.

• Like 1

Sklo can i ask a stupid question because i feel like it missed it... Will skills etc be reset?

3 hours ago, Moonpoppy said:

Sklo can i ask a stupid question because i feel like it missed it... Will skills etc be reset?

Everything expect the coins on your bank will be reset to provide a fair and clean PVP atmosphere each round.

Shouldn't be a big loss as we have the epic curve enabled plus 10 times faster skillgain than on Epic, which makes about 20 times faster skillgain in total.

Sounds fun!

Does Sklo have a discord?

Edited by Moonpoppy

On 17/02/2018 at 10:01 AM, Sklo:D said:

FAQ

Q: First, the question I would think everyone is asking, will there be religion on Dungeon?
A: First round we will have Vyn, Mag and Lib available. Skloso will not be available as we don't want to spoil anything.

Can priests still craft and improve? Also no Fo?

My only critism of this concept is that i feel 1 month is to short. I think 2 maybe 3 months would be more ideal?

On 20.2.2018 at 10:19 PM, Moonpoppy said:

My only critism of this concept is that i feel 1 month is to short. I think 2 maybe 3 months would be more ideal?

After we have seen how the first rounds went, we will ask if people like to have a longer time of each round. We made everything configurable, it would be not a big deal increasing the round time in our system.

First kill after 55 minutes. Wow :D

[21:55:03] Redrum slain by Jayy Jonos Elyey 

I see you are using a map by Ausimus. Looks great. You should also increase your skill gains and timers to the same as on his server Calysto, which I believe is 100x. Yours are much too slow for a 30+ day server existence. Not that I will I will be playing there (pvp) but just saying.

Although I do play on Sklotopolis too I find you are very slowpoke in comparison to Calysto, which is why I spend most of my time there. For this concept though I think you really need to up your skill/timers. Best of luck with it anyway!

=Ayes=

Never underestimate the epic curve. :) 

Skillgain is quite fast.

Thanks!

The skillgain is good, the timers are wrong.. atleast for leveling.. is 5sec for 1 dirt...

Skillgain is more than fast enough for one month.

Masonry increased by 0.0015 to 99.0052..... 1759 bricks for 99 masonry skill, lol. If you think that's slow you're playing the wrong game hah.

We need more people though! Come join us on HOTS! 

3 minutes ago, Enuf said:

Skillgain is more than fast enough for one month.

Masonry increased by 0.0015 to 99.0052..... 1759 bricks for 99 masonry skill, lol. If you think that's slow you're playing the wrong game hah.

We need more people though! Come join us on HOTS! 

I agree.. I would soon rather see 10 people fighting with 50fs, 50ql weapons and armor then everyone running around in 99ql items.... but thats just my opinions. I updated feedback with my thoughts.

Please can you stop supply depots they are ridiculous!!!

• Like 1

I agree with the supply depots.

When I had 4hrs play time I had 8 rare bones, enough scale to make 2 sets, enough hide to make 1 set, libram of the nigh, countless farwalker stones and twigs. So what in 1-2 weeks we'll have 100s of scale sets and every rare going already. This is too fast for a month server imo. I would also love to see longer challenges with only 1-2 supply deopts a week this will actually make them a PvP hub... right now if I saw someone at a deopt I'd turn and go for another or just come back later. It's too easy loot. 

There is zero difficulty to them at the minute. Make it so they need to be lockpicked or something at least, hah.

2 minutes ago, Enuf said:

I agree with the supply depots.

When I had 4hrs play time I had 8 rare bones, enough scale to make 2 sets, enough hide to make 1 set, libram of the nigh, countless farwalker stones and twigs. So what in 1-2 weeks we'll have 100s of scale sets and every rare going already. This is too fast for a month server imo. I would also love to see longer challenges with only 1-2 supply deopts a week this will actually make them a PvP hub... right now if I saw someone at a deopt I'd turn and go for another or just come back later. It's too easy loot. 

There is zero difficulty to them at the minute. Make it so they need to be lockpicked or something at least, hah.

Exactly!! Please can you atleast just turn them off for now!

On 3/2/2018 at 9:53 AM, Moonpoppy said:

Exactly!! Please can you atleast just turn them off for now!

I disagree. The goal is to have fun pvp'ing using strategy and skill, not the gear itself.  Therefore, if one person has it, then everyone should have it.  Otherwise, remove moonmetals and scale, altogether, in round 2.

So far, I'm having a lot of fun.  Was just in a 46 minute open field battle, which was very intense.  Can't wait for more.

Glad you are all having fun.

For now the supply depots will stay as they are to provide a fair PVP atmosphere for everyone who joins late. Adjustments will be made in round 2.