Sign in to follow this  
Roccandil

The Valrei scenario map

I've been experimenting on the Epic Valrei map as a rank newbie, and my first observation is the rules aren't explained well, if at all, which is discouraging. The wiki seems really out of date!

I have the following questions:

- Using karma to guide your deity seems to speed up your deity in certain cases (which was a surprise the first time I saw it; I don't think it's documented anywhere I've seen). I just tried to speed up Fo, however, by guiding him on the path he was already taking, and that did nothing. Is that because you can only speed up a deity that way by switching paths, or because there's a minimum travel time past which you can't speed up a deity?

- Fo was in the same hex as Pharmakos, and I was expecting a fight when Fo left, but that didn't happen, even though the wiki says Pharmakos is a friend of Libila. Is there a chance for a fight to not happen?

My second observation is that making communing your deity a karma gamble is also discouraging. With the new missions, karma can be hard to get, and it really sucks to throw it away gambling. Besides, making a move on the map at all is a kind of deeper gamble that you made a good move, and that long-term it will pay off in a scenario win.

Finally, when I bring up the in-game Valrei map, it's truncated on two sides, and I can't scroll it. Any way to fix that?

53 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

Using karma to guide your deity seems to speed up your deity in certain cases (which was a surprise the first time I saw it; I don't think it's documented anywhere I've seen). I just tried to speed up Fo, however, by guiding him on the path he was already taking, and that did nothing. Is that because you can only speed up a deity that way by switching paths, or because there's a minimum travel time past which you can't speed up a deity?

It doesn't speed up the gods.  However it updates valrei, which may seem like its making the god move faster because it just so happens to be updating the move timer too showing the more accurate time

55 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

Fo was in the same hex as Pharmakos, and I was expecting a fight when Fo left, but that didn't happen, even though the wiki says Pharmakos is a friend of Libila. Is there a chance for a fight to not happen?

Not all static gods fight, and ones that do can change allies.  Pharmakos is one that has changed allies a couple times ever, but doesn't actually fight

57 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

communing is also discouraging

generally

• Like 1

Hmm. Seems like showing an accurate time of when gods are moving would help a lot. (Also, maybe it would be good to prevent players from communing a god on the path he's already going, if that does nothing. :P )

Is there any way to see the current allies of a god? If not, that might be nice to add as well.

Also a commune will not update the valrei map instantly, I've communed twice at my first try ever as seemlingly nothing happened. Then realized that kamra was my learning money, as it happened after a while anyway.