Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Remove Interrupt from Charm

Pretty much what it says in the title.

At the moment charm is 100% useless for taming anything tougher than a bull due to even a small tap interrupting the cast.

• Like 1

Get more body stats and shield/fight skill and that won't happen.

I've tamed champion cave bugs, New Year's unicorns, a champion black bear, hell hounds... I get interrupted less than half the time on my priest.

• Like 1

+1

Even getting hit with plate cancels it, only thing that doesnt is drake but still has -30% spell casting and fails most of the time even with 60+ channeling

1 hour ago, Wargasm said:

Get more body stats and shield/fight skill and that won't happen.

For me, the problem is that I want to priest my main because of the restrictions. I have priest alts, so while my main has decent body stats and shield skill, I don't really want to grind it twice, especially on an alt I only use for casting.

1 minute ago, Attenia said:

For me, the problem is that I want to priest my main because of the restrictions. I have priest alts, so while my main has decent body stats and shield skill, I don't really want to grind it twice, especially on an alt I only use for casting.

The whole point he is making is that he is against alts with no skill being able to charm things, you should have to put work into it in order to do this.

That is the type of game you are playing.

• Like 1

+1 because dominate doesn't get interrupted no matter your skill or being an alt

• Like 1

+1 to fewer gambling mechanics. I don't mind difficulty preventing actions outright or making them take longer, however, so the tougher the animal, the higher the skill required to charm it, whether that skill is fight, AH, or something else.

I would do the same to saccing with a sacrificial knife.

+1 although the problem is easily solved with a tanking 2nd account

14 hours ago, MrGARY said:

dominate doesn't get interrupted

+1 to letting dominate be interrupted 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, necroe said:

The whole point he is making is that he is against alts with no skill being able to charm things, you should have to put work into it in order to do this.

That is the type of game you are playing.

But then surely the same logic could be applied to dominate?

It could also be applied to spells such as "reveal creatures", just plucking one out of the air there of course.  Possibly even things such as "bless" being used for transmutation liquid?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, armyskin said:

+1 to letting dominate be interrupted 

Just now, Etherdrifter said:

It could also be applied to spells such as "reveal creatures", just plucking one out of the air there of course.  Possibly even things such as "bless" being used for transmutation liquid?

Dominate yes, I think it should be interruptible.

As for most other spells they have no relevance here.

The point is if you spent a bit of time to get some combat skills you wont have much issue (1-hander parry and shield skill)

This is a grindy game and a lot of us LIKE THAT ABOUT IT.

I am against the idea of making it so you have to do less grinding in order to accomplish anything in this game.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

+1

3 hours ago, necroe said:

Dominate yes, I think it should be interruptible.

As for most other spells they have no relevance here.

The point is if you spent a bit of time to get some combat skills you wont have much issue (1-hander parry and shield skill)

This is a grindy game and a lot of us LIKE THAT ABOUT IT.

I am against the idea of making it so you have to do less grinding in order to accomplish anything in this game.

Grind isn't an issue; gambling is. Gambling may turn some people on, but it turns off a lot of people.

Were it my game, actions would never fail. You might need to grind to be able to do certain actions in the first place, but the game would never tell you you're wasting your time.

+1 for all them having chance to interrupt as well, thanks!

• Like 1