Sign in to follow this  
Jaz

[Fixed] [Preview] [Linux] Keyboard queue keeps filling while walking

Downloaded and tried to use the new preview client, could not test more than a few minutes because of the below issue - during the short test it seems to provide slightly higher FPS than the stable - running them in parallel.

On Linux, when I'm walking by keeping 'W' pressed, after a short time it seems the keypress queue starts filling up and my character keep walking after I depress the key. If I pressed other direction  keys it will queue up those movements as well and perform when the queue gets to that point.

The issue is not present on Windows

I could log in after 4-5 tries when I switched to another saved preset in my launcher

System: Ubuntu 17.10 64 bit, Gnome 3.26.2, GeForce GT640 using proprietary drivers.

This is nowhere near as extreme for me, but ever now and then, I do notice it feeling like a key is stuck.

I keep walking in a direction even after letting go, though only for a moment.

Still, this is very "interesting" when it happens after moving in the direction of large drop

Fix for this went out with the update today, can you check if it's fine now?

The login crashes should be fixed too.

I've tested it, the keyboard issue seems to be fixed, thank you!

What I freshly noticed though, I cannot examine anything using the preview client, I always get the " You need to be on solid ground to do that."

Tried while embarked and on ground.

Tried on items in my inventory and in other containers.

I have no idea if this is related to the original bug, I've logged it here as it seems appeared with the patch.

That definitely doesn't sound like a preview exclusive thing, might have just been a one time server issue. Does it persist over relogs?

With a bit of further testing I noticed the following:

The reason why I could not use my examine keybind is the following:

Keybind was set to "Z" - I use a keyboard layout where "Y" and "Z" are swapped compared to US/UK keyboard layout.

Examine action happens if I press "Y" on my keyboard - so the keybind does not recognize the actual keyboard layout.

If I type a message or anything within the client, the keyboard layout is correct, so far it seems only keybinds affected.

Same happens setting a bind to "0" which is also at a different key in my layout.

Conclusion: it seems keybinds (and seemingly only keybinds) always follow the UK or US keyboard layout now in Linux preview client, regardless of selected keyboard layout.

Of course if I set the keybind to other keys which are not moved around in my layout, it works.

BTW: Examine does not work on mouse doubleclick in preview client.