Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 053

header.png

Coloured chairs - Kasumi

Hi Everyone!

A quick news this week while we do an update today covering a few of the issues raised with the recent update, our next major update is a few weeks away, but there's a bit to touch on here, so let's get into it!

but first..

Patch Notes:

Spoiler
  • Fix to address crashing issue on Elevation.
  • Digging to pile will now correctly take rarity and 10% ql rune into account.
  • Fixed issue with cleaning furnaces allowing for large quantities of ash. 
  • Leather can now be made again.

Wurm Valentines! 
Love is in the air, and it's not just for the ability to dye chairs, it's valentines! 

This year we're giving out some valentines pottery to give to your valentine, or keep it for yourself and place it in just the right spot! 

The valentines can be redeemed by typing "/redeemkey XDH94OUQA4UL-ABZIM4ESSVSY" without the quotation marks into your chat window ingame, but you do need to be premium, so don't forget that!

WU Beta
We're looking at a huge beta coming to Wurm Unlimited, with everything from 1.6 until today's update. This of course includes Archaeology, Restoration, the wood shaders and everything in between. It's been a long time coming, but we hope to have the beta ready either this weekend or early next week, barring any major issues that arise. 

Preview client!
As mentioned before we now have a public release of the preview client. This client includes the new rendering library (LWJGL 3) which may not mean much for players, but opens up a huge amount of potential for us and allows us greater steps in improving performance.

To play with this client, use this link here: http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient_preview.jnlp

Do bear in mind this is not yet considered a live release and may include crash issues. One known issue is common crashing on startup with linux, we're investigating the causes but it does launch eventually!

As usual, if you encounter any crashes post the logs to our client bug reports section along with the preview tag and our client developer Samool will look into them. 

Shader feedback

Having wood colours back and everywhere is a pretty big adjustment, and we've been monitoring the feedback thread over the past two weeks, discussing all feedback and identifying areas we can address. From this, we will be testing out a few tweaks to the shading colours, with cedar being nudged a touch redder to start, and will continue to tweak where we feel is necessary moving forward. 

Community Content
This weeks community content is a village tour by samusen on his deed Alexandria, on Celebration. It's a huge project and looks awesome, I don't know if it's still for sale, but check it out below!

That's it for this edition, next edition we should be post WU beta, and also have a brand new thing to tease and show, I'm looking forward to it, and so should you all be! 

Until then though, keep on wurming!

Retrograde & the Wurm team.

• Like 19

I have to agree with the others when it comes to the shading colours. I had a couple of blue barrels and boy did they look terrible after. I just dyed them red instead. In any case, it's not a huge deal and I know it'll get sorted out. If anything, this should breathe some life back into the dye market. Overall, I think the Wurm team has been doing amazing work breathing life into the game. I just hope it attracts more players... because supply is very high and demand is pretty low.

Edited by Neville

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Preview client!
As mentioned before we now have a public release of the preview client. This client includes the new rendering library (LWJGL 3) which may not mean much for players, but opens up a huge amount of potential for us and allows us greater steps in improving performance.

To play with this client, use this link here: http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient_preview.jnlp

Do bear in mind this is not yet considered a live release and may include crash issues. One known issue is common crashing on startup with linux, we're investigating the causes but it does launch eventually!

As usual, if you encounter any crashes post the logs to our client bug reports section along with the preview tag and our client developer Samool will look into them. 

whatever you've done with this client, please don't change it too much! it fixes the Displayport lag problem that I was having with high end monitors. Finally after 1.5years a smooth client launch

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Retrograde said:

WU Beta
We're looking at a huge beta coming to Wurm Unlimited, with everything from 1.6 until today's update. This of course includes Archaeology, Restoration, the wood shaders and everything in between. It's been a long time coming, but we hope to have the beta ready either this weekend or early next week, barring any major issues that arise. 

oh i'm hoping this im not dreaming lol.

• Like 1

I hope animal crates will be included in the next major update?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Hallelujah brothers! :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bdew said:

Hallelujah brothers! :D

and sisters! 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Retrograde said:

and sisters! 

And gender neutral siblings! :P

• Like 1

:sits here in real life half-dressed like a fairy: Hoping that the WU update comes soon. It can't come soon enough for me...Looking forward to wagoneers, and other things - Those will be making it into this patch right?

3 minutes ago, MystLeissa said:

wagoneers, and other things - Those will be making it into this patch right?

Wagoner were said to be a WO-only feature, all the other stuff yes (i hope).

7 minutes ago, MystLeissa said:

:sits here in real life half-dressed like a fairy: Hoping that the WU update comes soon. It can't come soon enough for me...Looking forward to wagoneers, and other things - Those will be making it into this patch right?

keep dreaming lol, it took them 6 months last time for the last major update, so just might be at least another couple of months... after all we, WU people are basically an "after thought" when it comes to WURM...lol.

16 minutes ago, bdew said:

Wagoner were said to be a WO-only feature, all the other stuff yes (i hope).

Your kidding right? Well That sucks - I so had things lined up for it :/ - Time to Abandon Ship :P

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ozmods said:

keep dreaming lol, it took them 6 months last time for the last major update, so just might be at least another couple of months... after all we, WU people are basically an "after thought" when it comes to WURM...lol.

Beta is in internal testing as we speak, once it;s stable we'll release it via steam along with the notes.

Due to the nature of Steam updates, mods, the myriad of potential server configuration differences and countless other areas, content updates for WU tend to be in larger chunks. It's not so much an afterthought, as needing to ensure certain stability issues are addressed before releasing them into an environment where we have no control. this is why WO gets fortnightly/monthly updates but WU will get them in larger chunks, jumping the little patches and simply getting large content updates every few months. It makes it easier on us, ensures we can address the core issues we face on WO before they enter WU, and allows time for modders to work with the betas and continue to pump out the awesome mods they do. 

45 minutes ago, MystLeissa said:

Wagoners are a WO only feature like rifts ,everything else will be coming however. 

• Like 2

Of course my comments were most definitely tongue in cheek lol ??

16 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Wagoners are a WO only feature like rifts ,everything else will be coming however. 

Mind if I ask why this was decided this way? It makes little to no sense - especially considering how large and complex some servers are even in the Unlimited version - and even without servers of that size it seems like a waste to not include it since NPCs were one of the original reasons WU was developed iirc.

What about Creature Cages? Will those be WO-Only too?

15 hours ago, MystLeissa said:

What about Creature Cages? Will those be WO-Only too?

I sure hope so

6 hours ago, Budzilla said:

I sure hope so

They won't. Also we have stablemaster mod which is better anyway :P

On 2/20/2018 at 6:55 PM, bdew said:

They won't. Also we have stablemaster mod which is better anyway :P

For THe Record I'm not "against" mods - I just have a hard time commiting to such when there's no easy way to revert or remove said mods (why steam workshop is so great yadda-yadda-yadda....)

Most of the WU mods can simply be removed and the only effect it will have is seeing unrecognized items and creatures when starting a server up that had things from the mod. This can be remedied by removing items or creatures from mod in db but should not affect performance if left there. So, very easy to revert. The one public mod that is painful to remove is the vampire one. Huge database cleanup to remove or risk your server having many issues.