Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 15/FEB/18

PatchNotes.png

• Fix to address crashing issue on Elevation.
  • Digging to pile will now correctly take rarity and 10% ql rune into account.
  • Fixed issue with cleaning furnaces allowing for large quantities of ash. 
  • Leather can now be made again.

• Fixed issue with cleaning furnaces.

Can you please elaborate?  Not sure why this has to be cryptic. 

5 minutes ago, madnezz said:
  • Fixed issue with cleaning furnaces.

Can you please elaborate?  Not sure why this has to be cryptic. 

I've updated the notes now that the update has occurred. 

To avoid any issues being abused shortly before the update, notes may be absent from the pre-downtime list or a little more vague, I update and clarify them once the issue is resolved and confirmed. That's why they appear cryptic sometimes

Hope that helps! 

You didn't make this any less cryptic.

Fixed issue with cleaning furnaces allowing for large quantities of ash.

So furnaces will create more than 3 ash per cleaning if the forge is lit longer than an hour now?  Please clarify.

Edited by madnezz

Sounds like someone figured a way to get more than 3 ash so they 'fixed' it.

Large quantities of ash isn't a problem, getting 3 ash per 30 minutes and having to clean and re-light your furnace to generate more ash is the problem.  Having the ash not accumulate as you let your furnace burn is a problem.  Until you make concrete easier to create there needs to be a way to generate large quantities of ash that doesn't require you to do a million camp fires or coal piles or spend your day relighting furnaces every 30 minutes.  You can terraform dirt up and down easy as pie, you can surface mine to lower a rock level in and out of mines with the swing of a pickaxe but when it comes to fixing a mine by raising it or adjusting a rock surface while retaining a certain slope above water its almost like its a crime. 

Starting from scratch with newbie starter tools:

To raise a corner with dirt requires 2 actions, dig up dirt from another place and drop it in the corner you wish to raise if the slope is under 40. 

To use the campfire method it takes a minimum of 11 actions to make 1 concrete

(assuming no fails requiring you to get more material). 

• Chop down a tree, chop up to get log, make 2 kindling, make 2 campfires, wait and gather ash, dig 1 clay, dig 1 sand, make mortar, make lye, and finally make 1 concrete to raise 1 corner by 1 slope.

Can you fix this imbalance to terraforming in a game based on terraforming?

Edited by madnezz
  • Like 3

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 1:20 PM, madnezz said:

Chop down a tree, chop up to get log, make 2 kindling, make 2 campfires, wait and gather ash, dig 1 clay, dig 1 sand, make mortar, make lye, and finally make 1 concrete to raise 1 corner by 1 slope

You are exactly right in pointing out this time consuming process for creating concrete, just as I had done shortly after this most useful product was introduced into the game. Imagine my disappointment when looking forward to repairing many mine floors in Public Mines that had been destroyed by newbies and others, as I realized the full impact of creating concrete time and skill wise. Well, I never did repair those Public Mine floors, nor do I intend to as long as this concrete creation process remains as it has been since its introduction into the game.

Yet, now this ash production process from ovens, forges and smelters has at least given some minimal reduction in the lye production process. With 15-20 forges and ovens around deeds they will put out 45-60 ash at one lighting of them all, which in the scheme of things is a lot better than making campfires or even charcoal piles for ash production. This at least gives some relief to repairing old out of level mine floors within deeds, so I find it worthwhile to make some concrete for that process, eventually. Then with 90+ mining all new floors and ceilings will be level, which again is an improvement over the previous state of affairs all these years.

Then there is also the alternative of playing WU where on some servers concrete can be made from just clay and a rock shard, or even created per 100 by casting a spell. Of course WO will never be improved to this extent but these small changes such as this one do give a bit of relief from the tedium here.

=Ayes=

Sign in to follow this