Sign in to follow this  
Alectrys

Named Recipes Bug

Can we at least get some input on whether or not this is being looked into?

Edited by Budzilla
  • Like 1

On 6/16/2018 at 7:09 PM, Lisabet said:

When the 'new' cooking system came out, I was the first to discover the herb dumpling on Pristine (in fact sent the recipe to friends so they'd have it in their name on their servers too). Was just looking at my cookbook and see this: 67fccb9d0d.jpg

I'm currently on Pristine, it should have my name.  What happened here?? I already have 407 recipes in my cookbook, it will be incredibly painful to find another recipe I haven't discovered yet that can be named and hasn't been discovered by someone else already.  (I'm aware I have the Lisabet's Corned Beef and Cabbage but that one is global and from helping to test the cooking system before it went live)

I had the same experience with the sushi surprise recipe  on Xanadu when the system was new. (will have to check the exact name next time I'm in game).  Was Amadee's sushi surprise on Xanadu.  Gave to friends, etc.  Spent a lot of time working out recipes, etc.  Was really into it.  Was so proud and happy that I got one and that my name would always be on something.  :(   Now it's named for someone else.  What a colossal buzzkill. 

I noticed it when it first happened but also saw back in February '18 that it was being looked into so didn't say anything at the time.  Been almost a year now and no word.  Is this one of those things that will just end with too-bad-so-sad-but-you'll-get-over-it?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 2

Bump. Some communication on this matter would be nice, rather than simply being ignored...

• Like 1

There hasn't been much to update on. It's still on the list of things to do.

I can tell you where things stand so far:

1) I've been able to start extracting data from backups near the time of this happening. It's taken a while because our backups are designed to be restored onto a server when needed. I had to figure out how to get them to a state for just data extraction without a server.

2) The goal right now is to get and confirm those who had named recipes.

3) Once a list is compiled, we will discuss internally on what will be done.

I wouldn't expect another update for at least a month. It's going to take me a dedicated weekend or more to pull everything from every server. I haven't had chunks of time long enough to do this yet, but I will coming up.

I do know that we *will* be making good on this. I apologize for the time it has taken, but there were unforeseen issues preventing me from digging in and sorting things out. Namely my time was pulled everywhere else and my attempts at restoring data into a state where I could browse it were unsuccessful. I also know it's going to take me at least a few hours per server to review and pull named recipes.

Edited by Keenan
One more thing...
  • Like 4

So i have heard about people who lost their named recipe being unable to claim new ones because game still registered them as having a named recipe, will everyone who claimed a namable recipe after the wipe get that problem now?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Keenan said:

Snippet

Thank you for the reply. Anything is better than radio silence.

19 hours ago, Crackmore_ said:

So i have heard about people who lost their named recipe being unable to claim new ones because game still registered them as having a named recipe, will everyone who claimed a namable recipe after the wipe get that problem now?

This is something we'll likely fix, but how will depend on what we do regarding the named recipes. We need more information before we make those decisions.

3 hours ago, Budzilla said:

Thank you for the reply. Anything is better than radio silence.

Radio silence isn't intended, so I apologize. Alectrys and Retrograde remind me several times a month about this issue. This is just the first I've seen the thread, so I stopped to comment.

• Like 2

Going to dance on the grave of this thread.

Been baking olive bread thousands of times (Ask Fabricant, he walks pasts my stacks of olive bread on stream) and has always shown as "Olive bread+" in my recipe book. After speaking with Shydow about recipes, and finding out it seems to be a bug, I decided to test the recipe on my priest alt without the recipe.

[00:30:15] Recipe "Bigben's olive bread" added to your cookbook.

Hmmmm. Very curious. I was testing the "spiced bread" recipe earlier for difficulty exploration, and got this in my event tab:

[23:50:39] Recipe "spiced bread+" added to your cookbook.

I told Fab to try the recipe from his end, and...

[00:36:02] <Fabricant> [00:35:47] Recipe "Fabricant's spiced bread" added to your cookbook.

Given it's been over a year since any update, I'm guessing this is not ever going to be addressed but I've loved the ability to show that I've been nae nae'd twice tonight with this.

[23:04:10] Recipe "taste explosion sushi+" added to your cookbook.

well doesn't this suck

Once again, I will try to remind devs about this bug.

Three and a half years passed, the issue is still affecting a lot of us, but no update was ever given, we do not know if anyone looked into this, plans to do it, or is simply forgotten/dismissed as being unimportant and not contributing to the happiness of the playerbase.

Heads up would be greatly appreciated, especially if they're going to tell us a fix is on its way, in the next patch or so :D

• Like 2

Years back after named recipes came out, many of the "original" creators of the recipes were reset, resulting in those recipes being recycled back to available for naming, and the players who originally found them locked without the ability to name another recipe because they already discovered one.

Could this somehow be reset / fixed so that players who would like to put their name on a discovered recipe could have the chance to do so again?

The reports have been made years ago (yours included back then).

Perhaps more useful to bump the original thread than to add a new report.

Whoops, didn't even realize I commented on that. Hopefully we can finally get a fix for it however, since it has been years.

Edited by Xallo

It has been a while and I expect most nameable recipes have been rediscovered and named by other characters by now.

At some point Keenan was looking for solutions and I suggested new recipes be added with the names of those characters that lost them previously but it didn't happen.