Sign in to follow this  
Alectrys

Named Recipes Bug

It is a known issue that named recipes on all servers are now showing up as recipename + in cookbooks.

GMs cannot solve this issue, so do not send in a support ticket.  

The issue is open and in the hands of the devs for a fix.

• Like 2

Just to add to this:

- Not all named recipes have changed

- Some named recipes still have a player name but the player name has changed

On 2/12/2018 at 2:18 PM, Eobersig said:

Just to add to this:

- Not all named recipes have changed

- Some named recipes still have a player name but the player name has changed

This probably means that someone made the recipe and 'rediscovered it' after the original name went missing.

Thanks for the observation.

On Pristine I lost most or all of the names from the named recipes in my cookbook including the one with my name. As @Alectryssuggested names are gradually reappearing as people rediscover them.

However if I cook any of the nameable recipes with no name then my name is not added to them. I'm guessing it's because I have been marked as already having named a recipe on this server.

I never got a named recipe on Indy, though I did on Xan, but since I've not had my name added to any "+" recipe, maybe it's hiding in there somewhere. 

the recipe that had my name was un-named months ago, but was told it wasnt a bug and wanted. still appears my name is tagged to that recipe (retrograde pie in xanadu)

Because I already had a named recipie before but lost it with the bug, I can not make another one.

I even tried remaking the original one I had and did not get it, and someone else's name is now on one of the ones I did have :(

I truly hope this can be fixed. :(

• Like 1

Same as Velvetsun here - I had named recipes for my toons (all on Pristine, where I mainly play).

After they were lost, I tried cooking again the same recipe with the same character, but the name didn't reappear; I didn't get my name on other *+* recipes I cooked after losing the original ones, yet I've noticed some recipes have other names now, after being initially discovered by different people (for example, Ladygodiva's dragon jalfrezi is now Smackeddown's dragon jalfrezi, Lisabet's herb dumpling became Theplague's herb dumpling etc).

@EkibRetrograde pie isn't a nameable recipe in my cookbook I thought it was a prenamed one like Cerber's triple hops.

16 hours ago, Explora said:

@EkibRetrograde pie isn't a nameable recipe in my cookbook I thought it was a prenamed one like Cerber's triple hops.

Ekib was the victim of a Double Bug.  Because of that, he was recorded as the discoverer of Retrograde Pie - which shouldn't have taken his 'named recipe' slot.  That was a separate issue being addressed by the devs, before the other bug which was the disappearance of all discovered 'nameable' recipes up to disappear.

The devs are aware of the overall issue and I continue to poke them with a branch for a resolution.  If I poked any more, we'd end up with recipes like Budda on a Stick or Keenan Spit.  I also continue to hit Retrograde with my rolling pin so that he stays current with the situation as well. 

Thanks for your patience.

• Like 4

My concern with this is people are now selling these recipes to people and making money off them, so when/if they fix this bug and the original names are back on them the people buying them are going to be cheated by this exploit of this bug. :(

Hey, I got this when making herb dumpings today

[16:59:49] Recipe "herb dumpling+" added to your cookbook.

I assume this is related to the bug also? On Celebration

Edited by Madnath

On 5/12/2018 at 10:42 AM, VelvetSun said:

My concern with this is people are now selling these recipes to people and making money off them, so when/if they fix this bug and the original names are back on them the people buying them are going to be cheated by this exploit of this bug. :(

If for some reason all recipes are erased again, and the devs can't fix it, I'll resend the recipes to anyone I've sold to, but if the names just changed, how are people cheating or exploiting? You mean they need a new named recipe, since they lost theirs? I haven't had anyone ask for a nameable recipe with the sole purpose of naming it after themselves--I wonder if anyone else has. I hope the devs can sort it out soon. 

Edited by NeeNee

18 hours ago, NeeNee said:

If for some reason all recipes are erased again, and the devs can't fix it, I'll resend the recipes to anyone I've sold to, but if the names just changed, how are people cheating or exploiting? You mean they need a new named recipe, since they lost theirs? I haven't had anyone ask for a nameable recipe with the sole purpose of naming it after themselves--I wonder if anyone else has. I hope the devs can sort it out soon. 

Yes NeeNee people are doing that, (not you) and bragging that that is what they are doing and those of us who had our names on recipes can not put our name on another one because the game sees that we already had one. So we lose both ways. :(

Edited by VelvetSun
  • Like 1

Ugh, that sucks. That's a pretty nasty thing to brag about really, and I hope they set it right. :( 

When the 'new' cooking system came out, I was the first to discover the herb dumpling on Pristine (in fact sent the recipe to friends so they'd have it in their name on their servers too). Was just looking at my cookbook and see this: 67fccb9d0d.jpg

I'm currently on Pristine, it should have my name.  What happened here?? I already have 407 recipes in my cookbook, it will be incredibly painful to find another recipe I haven't discovered yet that can be named and hasn't been discovered by someone else already.  (I'm aware I have the Lisabet's Corned Beef and Cabbage but that one is global and from helping to test the cooking system before it went live)

thanks, hopefully they can add mine to that one then; I hope this gets fixed somehow

Just to add to the bug, I created the first Seven Flower Pizza on Xanadu, had the recipe named after me, and it now is Wulfmaer's.

Just posting here again so it gets refreshed and they don't forget about us ?

I see this is an old post, don't know if anything has been resolved yet but my Character Thorrson lost his recipe as well.  On Xanadu he discovered Thorrson's Desert Pizza which is now named Riverz desert pizza.  Discovering a personal recipe was for me the highlight of the cooking update.  Played for hours mixing and experimenting to get that so it's pretty disappointing to lose it.