Sign in to follow this  
Roccandil

Rune creation chance?

I recently attempted to make a set of runes. Creation chance was supposedly 56%, but the actual result was more like 5% (at the cost of a lot of rift mats). Is the creation chance bugged somehow, or could something else be going on?

(And, of course, of the few runes I did manage to make, only a small number of -those- actually worked, even with a decent attach chance. Not a fun system. :( I don't mind costly, time-consuming things, or actions requiring minimum skill, but I'd rather the cost weren't a wildly random gamble. I shouldn't have to dread working with runes. :( )

• Like 1

I agree, I have 99.64 Jewelsmith and I have a hard time creating and attaching . I think it should be looked over because some of the mats needed to make the runes you want are costly.

Creation chances for runes are low for a reason - it's meant to be end game content. Attachment chances can be worked around though, since soul depth affect those. Which means there are multiple high end priests that offer the service for a low price or for free. 

Something to note though is that faith aids in the rune creation chances, for the god you're creating for. 

But yes, I agree, it's painful even with 99 skills in the required skills. 

He's not saying making runes should be easier.  He's saying the crafting window shouldn't be lying saying there's a 50% chance when it's only 5%.

Thats Wurm for you tho. How many times you've got 75 skill on something, yet you fail 10 times in a row to create? Its not just runes ;)

It's not just runes, but runes are notable for it, i gave up counting at 4/54 succeeds on a 30% rune try. I mean why even bother giving a %?

• Like 2

reminds me of the time i had an item disappear on me and a Dev had to recreate it. he sat next to me struggling to make a rune and wondered why they even made it that hard.

i think its fun this way. :ph34r:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arium said:

reminds me of the time i had an item disappear on me and a Dev had to recreate it. he sat next to me struggling to make a rune and wondered why they even made it that hard.

i think its fun this way. :ph34r:

Said the guy that sat there next to me grinding digging to 100. The memory of that nefarious tar pit at Marganon's Rest and the crazy man digging on it still haunts me to this day.

• Like 2

Honest chances would be nice; though, to be fair, they may well be completely honest and you can still fail 20 times in a row.  That's how probability works :P

My personal thoughts on runes are less than polite, though the general gist can be summed up as "Enchanting should have been left to priests"