Sign in to follow this  
Perryn

Breathing Life Back into Epic (PVP)

Been away from WO for a while now but with all the amazing work the Devs have done recently I've been drawn back again :)

What saddened me upon returning was the near non existent population on my old stomping grounds of Epic.  I am guessing the same issues are what is killing these servers so here I go again on my suggestions on what I truly believe is needed to make Epic a living realm again.  There are more advanced areas i think that need attention... but one major one that I know a lot of the community has been asking for for years is Combat and its mechanics.  So that is what I am going to focus on in this post.

Combat

I understand there are limits with what can be done with the game on this subject... but to be honest the base mechanics are there already.  They are just not playable because of a few missing features.

Right now... you can target specific areas on your target as well as defend certain areas on yourself.  As well there is different levels of focus you can have to enhance your combat effectiveness.  The problem is as far as defending, there is no way to know what your opponent is targeting on you without trying to catch the combat msg in a flying wall of combat text.  There needs to be a visual either in the current combat window that informs you of where you need to set your defence directions... or a visual somewhere on the hud that indicates this.  As for the focus... make the eye change to a different graphic with the different levels of focus you gain throughout combat.  Right now... hovering your mouse over the eye or F1 and commanding a msg to indicate your current level does not flow nicely when your in the heat of combat.

Special moves.  These are a great mechanic that needs to be expanded on in my opinion.  This combined with combat focus and targeting would make combat not only in PVP but in PVE much more engaging and fun.

The current target your opponent and auto attack until the battle is over (for the most part) was fine when the game was in Alpha... but we are at a point now where the game has advanced enough that this aspect of the game needs some much needed attention.  With these basic and I think fairly easily made changes... a step in the right direction on accomplishing this would be taken.

I would love to hear your thoughts.

Perryn

• Like 1