Sign in to follow this  
Yiraia

Confession bonus + puppets

My Experiences:

Spoiler

I am already 100 faith but I would like other adventurous people to enjoy a feature that promotes travel for skill and buffs. I used to go around from hunting, asking random people I meet "Have you ever heard of our lord and saviour Fo?" (This was back when there was only vynora, fo, and mag in PvE). They were either afk, continued grinding with no response, or said "No thanks, Vynora is the best anyway." The reason why I wanted to convert random people to Fo was to occasionally visit them and listen to them for preaching skill, because why not? After a certain amount of time I just gave up on trying to convert people and decided that preaching is terrible anyway (1/5 of preaching skill going to initial faith??? a person at 100 can only bring a person to 20.. Weak). I want confessions to promote meeting people around wurm by buffing players, and I would love to see some Jehova Witness-like players roaming around wurm.

Back when there were no player gods, all i remember was almost every follower being Vynora for 10% xp. Maybe a few Mags for the combat bonus (but rarely met). I would like the choice for follower to be based off of who you live near, and what portion of the game interests you the most. Performing a confession initially will give the priest same ol' preaching skill, 0.1 faith, and a Xhr 5% xp bonus for channeling. Stacks up to 50% when finding others for confessions. Resets to Xhrs every time you stack up the xp bonus until you are at 100%. After the X hours you have to listen to 10 people again (can still only listen once every 24 hours, so 10 other people within 1 day).  The amount of time the xp bonus would last could be 2 + (Preaching)/10 hours, max being 12 hours. Also make initial faith be 1/3 of priests Preaching skill, maxing it out at 60 skill for an initial faith of 20. Thats pretty much it for priest bonuses.

Follower bonuses, They have to put some effort into it too. At the end of the listen thing, priest usually say sacrifice an acorn or something like that.... No... no more. I sacrificed acorns and had no clue what happened. The follower has 2 things they can do.

1.) Sacrifice the same type of statuette the deity uses for channelling. For every 10ql of the statuette Bonuses are not xp related:

• Vynora statuette; 2% more to improving, 20% total. 2% faster crafting speed, 20% total.
  • Fo statuette; 3% chance to increase yield in farming, 30% total.. 5% chance for 1 additional yield from trellises, trees, gardening pots, forage, botanizing.
  • Magranon statuette; Armor and weapons take 2% less damage, 20% total. Shields take 4% less damage, 40% total. +0.1 more CR, +1 CR total. 

You can ONLY use the one your deity uses for channelling. Just would like to make sure that is out there. Also the buffs would last 12 hours

2.) Perform a puppet show using your deity's puppet (if player god, then the deity would be the one they share statuettes with) and the diety requested during the confession (randomized, but same for everybody in a certain deity within 1 day). I am unfamiliar with how the puppeteering system works entirely. I think it would be cool if the "strength" of your show was 100[1 - (#of failed lines)/(How often you could have failed)], but I really don't know how often a newbie would fail. So, Im just gonna stick with the average between the 2 puppets' quality and puppeteering skill for the "strength" of the session. For every 10 strength of the session Bonuses are xp related:

• Vynora + requested; 1.5% more xp ONLY when improving, 15% total (this is because Vynora already has 10% xp bonus)
  • Fo + requested;  2.5% more xp for every skill in nature, 25% total.
  • Magranon + requested; 1% more xp for fighting, 2.5% for weapons and shields skills, 6% for taunting. (10%, 25%, 60% total respectively)

The person hosting the puppet show, and listeners within an 8 tile, gets the appropriate buffs if they are undergoing the confession request. If a puppet master would like to, they can host a puppet show that somebody else even though the puppet master does not require it. This would allow for beneficial puppet shows, simply requiring a confession. Buffs last for 12 hours.

Note: Everything for the follower would still work for the priest, but they must find another priest to confess to.

Edited by Yiraia
forgot to mention how long follower buffs last

Just to clarify, these follower bonus options unlock as a result of listening to a confession (and it's randomly chosen which one they can do)?

17 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

Just to clarify, these follower bonus options unlock as a result of listening to a confession (and it's randomly chosen which one they can do)?

Yes, they can't get the bonuses by sacrifice and/or puppets without a confession. No the bonuses aren't random. depending on who your god is (or their deity channel item), they are all given to the follower for 12 hours... I think i forgot to mention the 12 hours part.

+1, but make it a little more dependent on the preaching skill (i.e. average of statue QL and preaching skill) so social priests get a bigger buff.