Zera

Vote Reward Mod

Recommended Posts

I've seen some servers that offer rewards for voting on Wurm-Unlimited.com but I cannot for the life of me seem to find a mod that makes this an automated system.

 

Is there a mod out there that I just cannot seem to find, or would someone be willing to create one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be willing to pay someone to make something like this for my server. ^.^;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still hoping to have something like this for my server.
Anyone out there wanna lend me a hand here? ^.^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-1  The voting system is meant to help players determine which servers are better than others. By bribing players for votes, it makes the whole voting system pointless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Batta said:

-1  The voting system is meant to help players determine which servers are better than others. By bribing players for votes, it makes the whole voting system pointless.

I wouldn't call it bribing for votes, more rewarding for votes.
It's no different than offering in-game items for donations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2018 at 6:19 PM, Zera said:

I wouldn't call it bribing for votes, more rewarding for votes.
It's no different than offering in-game items for donations.

Yes, I hear you. Just saying my own thoughts about this, not trying to argue with you. It's not meant to be anything personal. 

Edited by Batta
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Zera said:

It's no different than offering in-game items for donations

 

Yes that's exactly why it shouldn't be done :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Batta said:

Yes, I hear you. Just saying my own thoughts about this, not trying to argue with you. I gave it -1 because that's how we do this -- if we strongly agree with a suggestion, we say +1. If we strongly disagree, we say -1.  It's not meant to be anything personal. 

Except this is a Request Thread, not a suggestion.
If you're not interested in using a Reward System, you don't have to.

But there are several mods out there and several servers that use those mods that reward players for different things.
Whether it's rewards for votes, donations or even building road-highways on your map (and giving ingame coin)..

Edited by Zera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bdew said:

 

Yes that's exactly why it shouldn't be done :unsure:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with offering gifts in-game as a thank you to your supporters.
Nothing we offer is game-changing, nor gives an advantage.

 

I strongly disagree with "Pay-To-Win" models and we do not offer anything of the sort.

 

Everyone does things differently, some servers offer Skill-Boosts for donations, Exclusive Items or Features.

Some don't offer anything at all, like your own server.

We find a nice middle ground where we offer non-game changing thank yous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the reason you won't find a "mod" like this per se is because in my experience it's more commonly done through a server's website than as a feature in the game itself. Not sure it would even be feasible as an in-game feature. In most cases, this would be accomplished by creating a website portal for your Wurm server's users. It would have to be tied properly and securely to their in-game account. And then, when they vote, they get points your site's engine keeps track of, and then when they purchase items, you would connect to the SQLite database for your server and perform an "insert" for the items they chose.

 

In this way, it wouldn't really be a mod so much as a tool. Still doable of course, just not sure you'll find anyone who will do it for you unless you (a) already have such a website and (b) have a working system for players to login to it. Those items take far more work than such a vote-reward system would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ignacius said:

I think the reason you won't find a "mod" like this per se is because in my experience it's more commonly done through a server's website than as a feature in the game itself. Not sure it would even be feasible as an in-game feature. In most cases, this would be accomplished by creating a website portal for your Wurm server's users. It would have to be tied properly and securely to their in-game account. And then, when they vote, they get points your site's engine keeps track of, and then when they purchase items, you would connect to the SQLite database for your server and perform an "insert" for the items they chose.

 

In this way, it wouldn't really be a mod so much as a tool. Still doable of course, just not sure you'll find anyone who will do it for you unless you (a) already have such a website and (b) have a working system for players to login to it. Those items take far more work than such a vote-reward system would.

Whether it is done via mod or Website database, I am still offering to pay someone to have this completed.
I have a website and it does have available databases for such things if needed.

Though I didn't think that rewarding ingame coin required any kind of "insert item" as there is a command available for it.

It's items that do not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My players get 1 silvercoin per vote. there is a website plugin on the votingpage where you get a list from the whole month. My players just have to send me there steamname via /support and each month i transfer the coins via #addmoney command.

The first two months i also tried with other rewards like 500 bricks for 10 votes QL 99 iron for 15 votes and so on, but its hard to handle ^^

 

Eject

Edited by Eject

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eject said:

My players get 1 silvercoin per vote. there is a website plugin on the votingpage where you get a list from the whole month. My players just have to send me there steamname via /support and each month i transfer the coins via #addmoney command.

The first two months i also tried with other rewards like 500 bricks for 10 votes QL 99 iron for 15 votes and so on, but its hard to handle ^^

 

Eject

Yeah, this was something I was looking to avoid having to do as it is a hassle.
I also have a tendency to forget and all the loveliness.

Thankfully I was able to get my hands on a mod to accomplish what I needed. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could someone please share mod for reward voting with coin. Would be much appreciated! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2018 at 11:45 PM, Zera said:

Thankfully I was able to get my hands on a mod to accomplish what I needed. :)

 

Hi Zera could you please share the mod you find to reward voting?  :)

Edited by Darkness1990

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was a Mod I had to pay to have developed for my server.
I'm afraid I can't justify just giving it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2018 at 2:46 AM, bdew said:

 

Yes that's exactly why it shouldn't be done :unsure:

 

then you need to take a really hard look at some of those more popular servers, having been on 3 and getting silver. 1 vote  = 1s.. yea.. it's happening...if you want this to stop, then stop those top servers from doing it!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now