Sign in to follow this  
Russwoods

fix the lag in glasshollow market

this message is to Rockybalboa and Sila , you guys have the most most deeds around the market, Cause because you have the ability to build something does not mean you should, please kill the animals that is just hanging on your deeds and lessen the lag of the area, no wonder no one like this area any more, you guys are causing the lag with your excess of just building useless items

• Like 2

inb4 "But it works for us, sorry you cannot appreciate the greatness of our market".

• Like 5

Issue use to be to many lamps/lights not sure if it's been fixed yet .

Have not been there in months .

just buy yourself decent PC :D   GH team plays just nice at impalong time and even now :D

try how lagy is Life is feudal MMO and come back

14 hours ago, Sila said:

just buy yourself decent PC :D   GH team plays just nice at impalong time and even now :D

try how lagy is Life is feudal MMO and come back

Psch, if you're lagging at Wurm Walmart, then you're clearly too poor to shop there anyway.

14 hours ago, Sila said:

just buy yourself decent PC

I've got a 1080ti and a threadripper-1950x and i still crash there, must be because my pc's too ######, right?

• Like 5

It should be obvious to anyone that the state of their computer is their own responsibility. Don't try to shame others for your own hardware issues. I put my machine together over 6 years ago and was running 3 accounts simultaneously during the impalong.

On 2/9/2018 at 4:44 AM, Russwoods said:

Cause because you have the ability to build something does not mean you should

That is true, but that doesn't also mean they shouldn't. If someone desires to decorate their own home deed then they should do so as they wish.

your excess of just building useless items

How are decorative items "useless" when they are serving their purpose as decorations?

lessen the lag of the area, no wonder no one like this area any more

People naturally want to find a fresh piece of land to settle on, so they choose a location away from the very developed market harbor. And without ever leaving the immediate area you will not find new names in your local window because all of the surrounding local area is already deeded.
But why should that even bother you, Russ? You are a self-described hermit, which is ironic considering that you live right next to the market and are constantly seeking attention. I also remember numerous times in the past that you were not at all neighborly to some other locals who have since moved on (two of those instances where these people cited you specifically as their reason to depart, one person simply quit the game).

you guys are causing the lag

If you go to the game options then you can make adjustments to improve your performance, although I know that would probably go way over your head. Best just to make small changes at a time.

On 2/9/2018 at 11:59 AM, Flubb said:

inb4 "But it works for us, sorry you cannot appreciate the greatness of our market".

Yes, it does work for them, on their own deed which they have opened as public market and harbor space that is free for anyone's use. It is coming out of their own pockets. I have never seen a larger market with more variety of different people's merchants, or even any other self-serve bulk sales system, so I do think it is something great.

The last time I visited Summerholt Market I was shocked to see it almost totally cleared out; nothing but a ghost town now. During that same period of time Glasshollow Market also saw a reduction in merchants, but only a small amount by comparison, absolutely nowhere near the amount lost at Summerholt. Almost all of the merchants at Summerholt appeared to be owned by only a handful of people, but the merchants at Glasshollow are owned by many different players from all over; that is why it continues to hold on so strongly.

People vote with their feet.

I remember the evolution of Glasshollow Market from its humble beginnings at the Xanadu server opening, as I had a deed just a bit west along the coastline. I must say that all the work that has been done there over the years is very impressive and in those terms it may very well be the "best" market in Wurm. Since moving off of Xanadu some time ago I still like to log in my alt there to take a stroll around the area to see the new touches added. Can't say I have really had much problem with any lag though.

Anyway, no reason to be envious and put this grand project down. Just appreciate it for what it is, as a symbol of what years of hard and enjoyable "work" can produce. Then go and do your own thing if this type of setting does not appeal to you'zes. Diversity is the key to Wurm enjoyment, I would say.....

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Wow I go away for a few weeks and all of the glasshollow drama queens come out.  An spamming a area with items is like spamming alot of statues in the area no reason for it and why does it always come to a better or worse computer that causes things are you really that insecure you need to say mine is bigger than yours. Are we having a contest. My goodness get over yourself and get a life

Try temporarily turning off GLSL, While running around GH. See if that helps. I'm going to guess your running AMD

17 hours ago, Russwoods said:

Wow I go away for a few weeks and all of the glasshollow drama queens come out.

You yourself are one of the Glasshollow drama queens. You made this thread to generate some sort of response, so don't pretend to be surprised.

An spamming a area with items is like spamming alot of statues in the area no reason for it

There is reason to decorate one's deed. You only call it spam because it is more than you can handle.  Your point was already addressed in a previous response.

and why does it always come to a better or worse computer that causes things

That is some very basic logic there. Do you agree that a more capable computer is "better" than one that is less capable?

are you really that insecure you need to say mine is bigger than yours. Are we having a contest.

I think you missed the point when I mentioned my 6-year-old machine.  I expressed that even a computer that old is able to perform well at the market, just an example for you to compare with.

Spoiler

(less than 3 years ago):

Logging started 2015-06-24
[20:51:22] <Russwoods> sorry i have been away, computer died and had to get new 1

My goodness get over yourself and get a life

You should take your own advice and stop obsessing over your neighbors' deeds. Surely they are not going to de-decorate just for you. You seem to be always trying to agitate, maybe you should consider finding your own space.

Logging started 2016-03-04
[21:05:53] <Enki> This is Freedom Isles, you msut learn to ge along wiht your neighbors, collaborate, and adapt,  or leave for a new place or better yet leave to the PVP servers
[21:07:48] <Enki> Since there is no viable way of sorting out your personal issues my judgementi s as follows
[21:08:38] <Enki> Remove this attempted landbridge and try to get along wiht your neighbors,  Build a bridge of appropriate measure to maintian clear access, and get along with your neighbors,  or move.
[21:09:02] <Russwoods> so i am to be punished here
[21:09:22] <Russwoods> for just playiing game within the rules
[21:09:35] <Enki> umm no... you havne;t
[21:09:38] <Russwoods> for what rulkes have i broken in this mater
[21:09:45] <Enki> thats the juedgement, make up your mind and get over it

Whatever alt name you use Paulofdune or Sila or Rocky Balboa or Meldichoir or anything else you go by.  it does not matter to me. You are one in the same person who think glasshollow only belongs to you .that has always been your position and it will never change.  Nor will I change my position for I have been there for 3 years now.  And ask yourself why has everyone left that include your own crew I stay talk to them and you would be surprise what they say about you so again enjoy your game like I will enjoy mine

Btw I love how you talk in 3rd person just be brave and talk as 1 person and not with 1 of your alts

hun, mybe is time for you to move away from glasshollow and enjoy some hermit life in our big xanadu.  BUT if you want to do that you should do it already... but you love our Glasshollow work and you will stay here till the very end of xanadu as we do. So stop making drama before GMs get involved again.

I have not misrepresented a single detail. I have of course been phrasing everything for the benefit of the readers. Because that's the whole point of this thread, right? So that everyone can take a good look at it. 

And no, I am not an alt. I discovered this game and chose Glasshollow from the list of towns at the tutorial portal. This is my primary identity, regardless of whatever alts I may otherwise now possess.

You are also confused on your other points. I can start getting a lot more specific with the details, but I don't believe you can support your own claims.

What someone does with their deed is their own business, as long as it does not physically hamper other players (differences in peformance don't really follow this, either). Following a request with additions like 'no wonder no one likes this area anymore' isn't even remotely conducive to any actual collaboration, either, even it it WAS anyone's business but the deed owner's. Statements like that are primarily meant to agitate, whether or not such was the intention.

Edited by Renzal

I can spam like 2k statues, make a mess outta thousands of lose items laying around and that's only up to me as long as it's on my deed. Deal with it.

This is a whole different kind of "sandbox", lol. 

To avoid lag, change your client settings.  Turn off the number of lights you can see.  Turn on LoD and Contribution culling, then set for short distances.  Turn off shadows.  Make tree, building and creature render distances really short.  These things should help a ton.

Russ, if you have animals, buildings and items on your deed, you have no justification to ask anyone else to remove things from their deeds.  This is just an argument to create drama and you know it.  I have no history with you or Glasshollow, so no grudges here.

• Like 2

I don't neccessarily disagree that you can do on your deed as you please, but...I find it amazing how quick you turn from "Don't tell me what to do!" (with my deed) to "Let me tell you what to do!" (With your client settings.)

I'm probably simplifying the matter here to some degree that'll rub some people the wrong way, but perhaps mutual respect and finding compromises would trump making petty demands to either side.

Oh well, that's all the sensible points I can think of for this topic, I'll be back to shitposting over the drama, coz' we all know nothing else will come from this.

Well it has been another 2 weeks since I have been here. And I see alot more of drama here.  Please close this thread for the lag problem has been fixed

This thread is a gem. No one stops anyone from starting their own market if they think the current one is poor or bad. Hell, its their deed. They can do what they want.

I thought all the toxic players were on Chaos.