Sign in to follow this  
Roccandil

Lurker in the Dark not finding traitors?

I thought a recent patch had added finding traitors to LitD pendulums, but while standing next to a non-aggressive traitor, I couldn't get an 81QL pendulum with an 81 power cast to budge. I tried a couple dozen times, but nothing. (My soul/soul-depth was about 24/24.)

Is that a bug?

By the way, while I'm on the topic, I notice that the gold rune of Vynora is the "Reveal Creatures" spell. How do rune-spells work? Are they a viable alternative for finding traitors?

It works fine for me on freedom

Rune spells work as if you just casted the spell.  Not really worth it with the lurker in dark pendulums finding traitors without having to waste rift materials or not carrying enough and you can constantly spam it to find the traitor

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wulfgarr said:

Doesnt the lurker in the woods reaveal traitors?

I think only lurker in the woods can locate animals, as lurker in the dark is meant for player enemies.

12 minutes ago, Sklo:D said:

I think only lurker in the woods can locate animals, as lurker in the dark is meant for player enemies.

so woods show it and dark doesnt just as OP stated, but the thing is it is supposed to work like that, he is using the wrong enchant.

Lurker in the Dark cast pendulums will now also find mission traitors.

Maybe I misunderstood that to mean -all- traitors. No sign of lurker in the woods finding traitors, though.

Dark 100% finds traitors.  Traitors only exist from missions so not sure what you're asking.  Old traitors from expired missions might not appear with pendulum since they are supposed to lose the traitor tag or despawn or something like that

So, I went after another traitor mission, rode all over the area, and once again LitD never picked up anything. :( Was wondering though: does it look underground, or would I need to be underground for it to look there?

Also, the only traitor mission I ever did successfully was because it was a tortoise (very rare then), and I had just spotted a tortoise in the area prior the mission. I went back, and it had been converted to a traitor. Does that still work the same way, so that an existing creature on the map gets changed to the traitor, or is a brand-new creature spawned now?

2 hours ago, Roccandil said:

So, I went after another traitor mission, rode all over the area, and once again LitD never picked up anything. :( Was wondering though: does it look underground, or would I need to be underground for it to look there?

Also, the only traitor mission I ever did successfully was because it was a tortoise (very rare then), and I had just spotted a tortoise in the area prior the mission. I went back, and it had been converted to a traitor. Does that still work the same way, so that an existing creature on the map gets changed to the traitor, or is a brand-new creature spawned now?

hows your soul stats? Maybe you can fail? I know finding enemies your SS is used to see if you succeed or fail, maybe something similar with that?

Soul stats are around 24, I think. I do get failure messages, but not always.

13 hours ago, Roccandil said:

It only checks the layer you are on so you would have to dip into mines to get underground too.  Don't forget that lurker in the dark works as power/2 so even a maxed out 104 power pendulum is only checking 52 tiles in all directions so you can easily miss things.  We used to hunt things spamming reveal creatures which gets a much larger area and it was still very painful to find traitors and would still fail to

Fairly certain the traitor mobs are spawned now as they all come with a size modifier and oakshell glow

• Like 1

Thanks, Gary! When I'm suitably unfrustrated I may have to give that a try. :P

By the way, seems odd that a LitD pendulum can't find an underground traitor from the surface, when in its natural state a pendulum can find underground water from the surface. :P