Sign in to follow this  
Gumbo

Remove Place from Forge Imping Menu

The new Place option is nice, but I don't see any need for it to be a part of the menu system on items that are in a forge. It has made imping items a bit more frustrating. One slight mis-click (the Place option is right above the imp tool option) and it pulls the item you are imping out of the forge into your inventory, then starts the Placing timer. You then need to Cancel the action, put the item back into the forge, then continue. Why not only have the Place option available when the item is actually in your Inventory? Since you can only Place items that can actually be in your Inventory. One should have to make the effort and show the intent that they want to Place something (by taking it into their Inventory) instead of having to always avoid clicking the Place option on every single pick up-able item in the game.

Edited by Gumbo
  • Like 1

I think I may have said this wrong in OP. So this... Why isn't the onus on the person who wants to Place something, to actually have to take the item into their inventory, activate it, then Place it. Instead of the onus being on everyone in the game to avoid clicking on the Place menu choice when interacting with everything in the game that is not in their inventory and they can pick it up?

Will be fixed in the next update - that place option was intended for items on ground only, not items inside containers such as forges.

• Like 4

It is so much easier to use keybinds for imping things.

The menu's get so long when you open them up when on a water tile for instance.