Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 07/FEB/18

9 minutes ago, Jaz said:

it seems so far it is always 3x 0.1kgs ashes without regard of burning time

If 3 ash is all you ever get, this seems like a complete waste of time for the dev's to come up with this.

The idea of the forge producing ash was so we would not have to burn 100 coal piles for bulk, or 100s of campfires to make high ql.

A beehive if left unattended for months/years will just keep loading up on honey, its insane the amount some of my hives have sitting there, mind you the wax is capped at 20, but surely a forge being used for a week should have more than 3 ash sitting in it when you want to clean it out, make this new feature useful please.

• Like 2

Any ninja changes on skills on Epic?

Before update, put almost 1000 bricks and 1000 mortar into bridge, on sleep bonus, and got 2-3 masonry ticks of 0.01 each one.

After update put the same amount, also on sleep bonus, no tick yet.

Masonry 97.87

EDIT: 500 actions later and still no tick. Feeling like I used 1,5 h of sleep bonus for nothing.

Edited by Wilczan

On 2/7/2018 at 11:17 AM, DevBlog said:
  • New: You can now clean your furnaces (smelter, forge, kiln, oven) after use and collect the ash which can be used in the creation of other products.
  • Once a furnace goes out, or after being lit for 30 minutes and snuffed, ash can be collected  with the 'clean' action by activating a shovel and right clicking the furnace
  • This will provide firemaking skill
  • Resulting quality is incluenced by firemaking skill and quality of furnace
  • QL is based off your skill and the QL of the furnace (random QL based on both).

I lit my oven, then left deed for a hour or so to go harvesting trees, and came back and there was no 'clean' option. Does this only work shortly after you've snuffed it/it burns out? I thought it was going to be that it builds up over time too so we have to clean out the cobwebs basically...

mind you the wax is capped at 20

Imp your beehives. The wax QL is based on the QL of the hive itself. My 65+ QL hives get 65+ QL beeswax regularly. (I could probably imp em to 70 now since I'm 73+ FC now, but why bother...wax doesn't seem that useful...)

3 hours ago, Corsan said:

Imp your beehives. The wax QL is based on the QL of the hive itself. My 65+ QL hives get 65+ QL beeswax regularly. (I could probably imp em to 70 now since I'm 73+ FC now, but why bother...wax doesn't seem that useful...)

He is not talking about ql, but amount. Max for wax is 20, regardless of ql of the hive.

5 hours ago, Nordlys said:

He is not talking about ql, but amount. Max for wax is 20, regardless of ql of the hive.

That can be solved easily enough also. Check em more often. ;)

21 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

If 3 ash is all you ever get, this seems like a complete waste of time for the dev's to come up with this.

I find this to actually be a great improvement over making campfires for ash but maybe that's because I have 14 forges on deed, which gives me a total of 42 ash after following the procedure. Pretty convenient to light them all with a kindling, then clean them out later and relight again. Getting some minimal Firemaking skill as well.

Also, I get a lot higher QL (averaged) ash due to forge QL and some Firemaking skill. All in all I am pretty satisfied with how this works now. One thing I would like to see changed is that WoA on a shovel would reduce the 30 second gathering (cleaning) timer accordingly. Even players who do this more casualty with just a few forges can come up with ash over time without too much extra work involved. Ovens seem to produce no ash but maybe because it needs more fuel than a kindling to burn longer. Will have to try them again with more fuel like a few woodscraps added.

=Ayes=

On 2/7/2018 at 5:23 PM, MrCoolMan said:

When doing other types on dyes like my knarr do i have to remove current dye and redye it so i can get other dyes on places i want?

I think you may be able to remove the dye form the section using a wire brush as mentioned in the post.

Sign in to follow this