Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 07/FEB/18

PatchNotes.png

Additions & Changes

• New: You can now add notes to your friends list.
  • New: You can now clean your furnaces (smelter, forge, kiln, oven) after use and collect the ash which can be used in the creation of other products.
  • Once a furnace goes out, or after being lit for 30 minutes and snuffed, ash can be collected  with the 'clean' action by activating a shovel and right clicking the furnace
  • This will provide firemaking skill
  • Resulting quality is incluenced by firemaking skill and quality of furnace
  • QL is based off your skill and the QL of the furnace (random QL based on both).
  • New: Attempting to dye an item with not enough dye will tell you how much you need
  • New: You can now paint/dye certain items with one color for the wood and another for the cloth portion.
    • Dye is removed from the wooden sections with a wire brush
    • Dye is removed from the secondary (cloth) sections with lye equal to half the weight required to dye the item in the first place.
    • Note: Items that are currently dyed will have both primary and secondary sections coloured.
  • New: Wood-type shaders have been added, so many items will once again show different hues for the different wood-types. This includes wood-types for the newly added trees which never had a different hue:
    • Orange
    • Linden
    • Oleander
    • Fir
    • Chestnut
    • Walnut.
  • Change: With the addition of adding a second dye color to some items, all dye amount requirements have been reviewed and adjusted.
  • Change: Adjusted affinity gain chances to favour skills more than characteristics. This change is aimed at avoiding the majority of affinities being characteristics and to result in skill affinities being more common. We will continue to monitor and adjust affinity chances in further updates if necessary.
  • Change: Meditation abilities that only affect yourself are no longer affected by deed permissions.
  • Change: Increased post grace period decay rate for offdeed red catseyes and waystones with only one valid link.

Client:

• The ability to accurately place items with the use of the mouse cursor has been added:
    • To place an item, it must be possible to be in your inventory (not heavy objects or vehicles).
    • Right click the item, and select drop > place.
    • Default move is free move with the mouse.
    • Holding CTRL will align to an 8×8 grid within a tile(64 squares within the tile).
    • Holding ALT will align to a 4×4 grid within a tile (16 squares within the tile).
    • Mouse scroll will rotate the object.
    • Holding shift while mouse scrolling will rotate slowly for better precision.
  • Improved loading times of settings window.
  • Wood type will now show on equipped wooden things such as mallets, bows, and shields

Bug Fixes

• Bugfix:  Fixed various spelling and text issues.
  • Bugfix: Rare fishing spots will now correctly move when the season (and thus fish type) changes.
  • Bugfix: PvP – Disabling lawful now lets you bypass anti-archery permissions and gives penalty for doing so
  • Bugfix:  Fixed an issue with mining or digging a tile corner from too far a distance.
  • Bugfix:  Horse and Hell Horse corpses should match the color of the live horse/hell horse.
  • Bugfix:  Fix for bulk bins taking the 5% tax tick immediately when moving them from deed to off deed.
  • Bugfix:  You should no longer lose total fillet weight when adding them to a bulk container. Fillets will still be reduced to .30 wt, but the quantity will be increased to reflect the total weight of the fillets before putting them into a bulk container.
  • Bugfix:  Tree stumps for centered trees will now also be centered.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue which caused herbs planted while in inventory falling to the ground with the message that they will not fit in the planter rack.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed a bug which allowed a mine entrance to be opened onto a bridge.
  • Bugfix:  Wagoners have been instructed to keep their wagons repaired.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:

Change: Adjusted affinity gain chances to favour skills more than characteristics. This change is aimed at avoiding the majority of affinities being characteristics and to result in skill affinities being more common. We will continue to monitor and adjust affinity chances in further updates if necessary.

grats to all the lucky ones

• Like 3

Wood type will now show on equipped wooden things such as mallets, bows, and shields

Thank you.

27 minutes ago, Nomadikhan said:

My friend's list just got wiped.  Notes are a lie.

Ok this is scary, if true.

*delays logging on to save his friends list*

Edited by TeeeBOMB
more words
  • Like 1

Wood type will now show on equipped wooden things such as mallets, bows, and shields

Any chance that dye on items will show as well at some point? Dyed shileds looks awesome but just on ground :(

9 minutes ago, TeeeBOMB said:

Ok this is scary, if true.

*delays logging on to save his friends list*

If it dies. It dies.  *Drago voice*

But really though that’s a bummer for a lot of people I bet. 

2 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Bugfix:  Fixed a bug which allowed a mine entrance to be opened onto a bridge.

Sorry guys!  But I hope Devs will find a way to enable this again and on a functional highway.  Ya know, because it is super cool looking.

New: You can now add notes to your friends list.

Looks cool, but am not seeing the option in game. I'll bet i'm looking at wrong spot. (logged on my alt to test this).

Found it :-)

Right click inventory, select 'manage friends', very nice update.

Edited by TeeeBOMB
more words

• Bugfix:  Fixed an issue with mining or digging a tile corner from too far a distance.

I suspect this may have removed the ability to perform "sneaker mining" - part of the whole tunnel mining process. 

I strongly suggest the friends notes appear when you hover over them in your friends list.  Posting in suggestions too...

New: You can now *clean* your furnaces after use and collect the ash which can be used in the creation of other products.

After "furnaces" go out will their be ash remaining in them or must we *clean* them with some tool to obtain the ash? The term "furnaces" means ovens and kilns as well as forges and smelters? Wondering how the Firemaking skill will factor into this too.

=Ayes=

no option on a smelter after snuffing it out - maybe forges and ovens only?

Update: needed a shovel activated to have the option, cleaning gave me Firemaking skill, 3x 0.1kgs of ash collected in 30 secs.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

I'am starting to regret that I've made all my rare wagons from cedarwood : /

• Like 1

When doing other types on dyes like my knarr do i have to remove current dye and redye it so i can get other dyes on places i want?

I noticed that planter, barrel, and crate racks don't seem to be using the new textures. Otherwise, it was quite cool seeing all the new bling! :)

2 hours ago, MrCoolMan said:

When doing other types on dyes like my knarr do i have to remove current dye and redye it so i can get other dyes on places i want?

you can simply dye over them.

1 hour ago, Roccandil said:

I noticed that planter, barrel, and crate racks don't seem to be using the new textures. Otherwise, it was quite cool seeing all the new bling! :)

Not all wooden items will have the new shaders yet, it may come in 3 or 4 large groups, this is the first. 

9 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Bugfix: Rare fishing spots will now correctly move when the season (and thus fish type) changes.

Hopefully, I'm misunderstanding this, but will the rare fishing spots physically move their position, or just rotating the types of fish in each particular spot? I'd hate to have to go looking for a rare fishing spot every time I want to do some fishing.

• Like 1

I hope that we do not have to hunt them too.  I have gotten lazy.  I do remember a time when they did move though.

They will be seasonal, but return to the same place

Hypothetical:

Rare spot A during spring gives tuna

During summer, fall and winter, that spot will have no fish 

When spring comes back, spot A will give tuna again. 

Spot B gives blue shark during summer

During fall, winter, and spring it doesn't necessarily give any rare fish

When summer returns, the blue sharks return

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ayes said:

After "furnaces" go out will their be ash remaining in them or must we *clean* them with some tool to obtain the ash? The term "furnaces" means ovens and kilns as well as forges and smelters? Wondering how the Firemaking skill will factor into this too.

=Ayes=

You can wait till they go out or snuff them when you get the "Clean" option (with a shovel activated) after ~30 min.  You will need to do the action, the ash will not be in the furnace.

Its forge, oven, kiln, and smelter that you can do this with.

When completing the action you may get some firemaking skill.

QL is based off your skill and the QL of the furnace (random QL based on both).

• Like 1

*Checks the new woodtypes on deed*

Boy they look good... but gotta rework all the stuff because of the different colours! <_<:D

11 hours ago, ausimus said:

You can wait till they go out or snuff them when you get the "Clean" option (with a shovel activated) after ~30 min.  You will need to do the action, the ash will not be in the furnace.

Its forge, oven, kiln, and smelter that you can do this with.

When completing the action you may get some firemaking skill.

QL is based off your skill and the QL of the furnace (random QL based on both).

Say with using the furnace over a few weeks, how much ash can build up in it?

I don't want to snuff my furnace every 30 minutes just to clean it out.

it seems so far it is always 3x 0.1kgs ashes without regard of burning time

Sign in to follow this