Sign in to follow this  
Nomadikhan

Tunnel Project Southwest Steppe

Hello there.  With help from our alliance I have created a tunnel from the southwest steppe cutting through the mountain range near Port Alora moving west.  The end hope is I will create a bridge to Dark Island.  After bridge completion I will branch off the steppe highway and move southwest through this tunnel, across the bridge, and enable highway access to Dark Island.

At this point the tunnel is open and able to be travelled; however, we are still reinforcing the walls and have some obstacles that need removed.  There is 1 lava tile/wall, 3 iron veins, and 2 tin veins in need of removal.  The west end of the tunnel has a mag and nahjo altar just outside.

Any help that you are willing to contribute is appreciated and anything that you mine is yours to keep.  I've taken care to avoid deeds and perimeters to make this project pleasant for everyone nearby with minimal impact.  Please contact Nomadikhan here on forums or ingame for details or questions.

3EHgiJa.jpg

Jv6IiI7.png

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 2

Been busy with work but I’ll lend a miner and a priest to get rid of a vein and the lava tile

• Like 1

Mojo, please let me know when this is done and I will catseye the tunnel up to your deed if you wish.

8 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Mojo, please let me know when this is done and I will catseye the tunnel up to your deed if you wish.

I had plans to make the roads, are you all already going to do it then?  He wasn't the only one the highway was for, it is going west past his place as well.  I just don't want to do double work. :)

Edited by Nomadikhan

I can do the catseye to his deed and you can link up to it. I will place waystones on intersections. Mojo and I are in the same alliance. A highway would facilitate trade. If he wishes of course.

1 hour ago, Mojo said:

Been busy with work but I’ll lend a miner and a priest to get rid of a vein and the lava tile

Would greatly appreciate the lava removal, I've lost 4 horses to it already.

Its worth mentioning that I have catseyed the highway up to almost Misfits on the steppe. I will continue soon (taking a break) all the way to Tapdance bridge where our closest connection is. Its a long road, but we will get there!

5 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Its worth mentioning that I have catseyed the highway up to almost Misfits on the steppe. I will continue soon (taking a break) all the way to Tapdance bridge where our closest connection is. Its a long road, but we will get there!

Depending on the way your going, it's already done.   There is a highway going north from misfits lodge that leads to the coast of the salsa straights and turns east then north to old blackflame island which then crosses the main bridge and connects to tap dance.  I ride by it at least once a week.

Edited by Nomadikhan
Spelling, evil vice of mine.

Yeah its too far north of misfits. I'll do another ride and look but the closest connection I have seen is by the Marble deed on the bridge that connects to the Tapdance bridge. I also saw another connection somewhere there, but its just as far imho. I'm almost to Misfits, so its just a matter of getting around @luvabledeed permissions since it partially deeds over the highway. I might have to detour on a stretch slightly south of her.

Just make her get on and do her part of the highway. She's being a slacker anyway. ;)

58 minutes ago, PandyLynn said:

Just make her get on and do her part of the highway. She's being a slacker anyway. ;)

Wish I could. Alas, she has a mind of her own. :(

• Like 1

Klaiceps is on the way to erupt and freeze, myself and mojo have access. 

• Like 2

Thanks to Egard and Mojo using that alt, we've nuked one vein.  We've mined 2 3 others out.  Progress is being made!

West entrance has a Lava Tile just inside, please take care to steer horses away.

Edited by Nomadikhan

Galigan and Zalmo(Nahjo) could lend some mining just letme know and ill spare some time here and there 

That would be great!  There is an iron vein in the middle of the tunnel that can be mined out.  I knocked off 2000 from it the other day but I believe it's still near 8000 to go.   The west and east side is being covered by path of power toon to erupt/freeze atm, it's just hard to reach the middle due to the steep mountain slopes up top.  Check my pic in the first post to see where they are.

Thanks!

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 1

Thanks, the iron vein in the middle section and tin in the east section near the exit are all that remain.  The iron vein at the west entrance will be erupted, signs are posted warning of lava.

Quick update, at the west entrance we have erupted an iron vein.  DO NOT drive your carts/wagons into that side, steer to the left.  Your animals WIll die if you afk drive into this wall.

[13:57:55] The lava cools down and turns grey.

The entrance tile is not lava anymore

• Like 1