Sign in to follow this  
ozmods

burning peat?

6 minutes ago, Sklo:D said:

Same as wood.

yeah but what is the burn time in minutes?? if i add 5 pieces for example. how long does it burn for??

18 minutes ago, ozmods said:

yeah but what is the burn time in minutes?? if i add 5 pieces for example. how long does it burn for??

The maximum is 20kg of fuel. The time depends on the fire place you are fueling and the QL, dmg, rarity of it.

20kg peat = 20kg wood, both reach the maximum burn time in every fire place, it doesn't make any sense to put in more than 20kg.

Edited by Sklo:D

Burn time depends on the quality and rarity of the oven/forge/kiln/smelter. Higher quality and rarity = longer burn time on the same fuel. Fuel quality doesn't matter and as people before me said, once maximum is reached, additional fuel just re-sets the timer, doesn't increase or stack it.

Expand the spoiler for burning times in this link for full details:

Edited by Locath

Runes adds less fuel usage (or burn time in other words) aswell.

ok, i'm using stills to distill vodka, so I don't want to drop what i'm doing and have to refil it every 5 mins, sometimes i'm not even ingame when it's running so what I need to know is the time for burning say, 10 pieces of peat at 50ql

thanks

Max 20 kg. That is 2 peat.

Retro says there is differences in heatvalue/burntime, Peat is best then birch.

I forgot the numbers thou.

right ok, numbers would be good if anyone can come up with them,..

cheers

2 hours ago, Cecci said:

Max 20 kg. That is 2 peat.

Retro says there is differences in heatvalue/burntime, Peat is best then birch.

I forgot the numbers thou.

Edit, peat seems to give about 50% more fule than an regular log does, I didn't know that too.

5kg peat will already to the maximum burn time while 5 kg log (birchwood) only give about 20k/30k

Edited by Sklo:D

ok this is what i've learned

the higher quality still, the peat burns for longer ,example i have a 99 still and it was still burning a bit over 2 hours after i lit it,

i lit a still that i actually crafted( i have 5 i crafted and a couple that i made as a gm) it ranges in the low 50's for quality, and that still had gone out by the time i logged in post dinner, i started all of the stills i'm currently using at 3:13pm and it's now 5:40pm

so in conclusion, if you want the the stills to burn for a long time they need to be high as you can get them, which means ALOT OF IMPING  lol.. or if you are a gm just use a gm wand.. but that kind of defeats the purpose of crafting lol.