Sign in to follow this  
Benie

Body Strength through wearing heavy armor

Wurm is a game about realism, right? It's supposed to show what will happen to us when a meteor hits the Earth and the survivors are sent back to the stone age (in a sense), and how to survive without technology. At least, that's how I've seen it. Having to make your own nails and stuff like that (things we take for granted now).

Well, I feel one thing should be done, and that's carrying a heavy load on your back. Much like the military, it helps to (eventually) train yourself into getting used to carrying that much. So why not in Wurm?

For example, carrying logs and you're encumbered. I feel you should get a 0.000001% tick in Body Strength every.. let's say 15 or so minutes. Just something that would deter people from using this as a means to grind the skill, and focus on more important tasks.

I just feel this would be realistic, as to me, being overweight is only an annoyance (like most item weight-based games).

This is just a random thought I had. I just would like to see a realistic way of gaining body strength.

Edited by Benie

with that amount being given (that you suggest) it would be totally pointless to add it into the game, you are literally gaining nothing. 

- it wouldn't do anything to impact game-play in any meaningful way.

Edited by Firecat

I agree in principle, but dedicated strength/body training mechanics seem a bit redundant, since really all you need to do is go dig/chop/mine. I -could- see awarding strength ticks here for actions made while carrying heavy loads. So, farm while at 25% move speed, and get extra strength.

But, I could also see that rewarding bizarre behavior (rather like how more XP gain for longer timers rewards bizarre behavior), and I'd rather not see more of that. :(

Note that bashing does give you straight strength XP, which since it's the "skill" being used I believe can be enhanced by CoC (so bash with a CoC100 tool with SB running for 4x the strength XP!). Even so, I'm not sure that's actually worth it compared to digging/mining/woodcutting.

In that vein, I could see giving bashing more base strength exp, to be a viable training alternative, but do we want everyone to build things to bash for strength gain? :)