Sign in to follow this  
Steveleeb

Levelling tile borders in caves & mine ceilings

There's been a few posts that beg for this.
The need, especially since levelling tile borders is now possible outside, has become imo somewhat imperative. 
Pretty please, allow us to level tile borders in caves and possibly add them to ceiling tiles.

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/152688-many-mining-fixes/

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/146508-lower-the-ceiling-with-concrete/

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 5

+1

Probably be weird to implement as the floor and ceilings are all technically the same tile but....the data is there so no reason i can think of why it couldn't be made to display that information.

• Like 2

+1 Seems like it would benefit our lovely cave-dwelling community <3

• Like 1

Hmm... -1 to visible tile borders the way they show up on floors.  BUT, +1 to lowering ceilings with concrete, obviously.

Borders that have no building aspect to them just warp my brain for some reason.  If that's the only way to get lowerable ceilings... then such is life, I'll deal.

Edit: now if you told me those borders could be used to build something dropping down from the ceiling then yes please, totally.

Edited by Reylaark
further thought
  • Like 1

+1

Would also be neat if we could plan fences on those borders if they were added too - Though wouldn't be a very practical reason for it, could add some interesting effects for ceilings in caves :) 

Edited by Fablecrafter
Bad wording of what I intended to say

practical reason...
when you level a ceiling tile, if the tile in front of it is higher than the tile you're working on... it will feck up the tile you're standing under (no longer flat)
with tile borders on ceiling tiles, the mistake can be avoided.
sure, not so tragic, just build a hut and flatten the screwed up ceiling tile by raising it further.
doesn't help when you're at max ceiling limit. 

Of course being able to use concrete on ceiling tiles would be an alternative fix. That way you could lower the miscreant tiles.
(here's the alternative suggestion thread: https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/146508-lower-the-ceiling-with-concrete/ )
fable, work on more ceilings, you'll see plenty of practical reasons for it. 

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 1

Yes, we need this (together with a way to lower cave ceilings)

+1