Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Need a new boat? Knarrt a problem with this competition!

I too would love to participate, but no Fakebook.  Never mind, I'm sure Retro will be back with something the rest of us can do to try to win a rare splasher next time around (hint hint!)

Word of mouth through online sharing is one of the best ways of promoting something without spending loads of money on ads. Probably could have done with a twitter version too, probably a bigger and better market over there - BUT I've shared for all my lil' friends to see and scroll past. Good luck to all the entrants! :)

Will share on twitter even tho' it wont give me a lottery ticket. Im not posting anything on facebook, nor will i share this there. :)

I have mentioned Wurm to many people over the years easy 100 plus .

Most have said they tried it , but was not there cup of tea , others found it missing that certain spark  ( dungeons and places to explore )

Others just found the graphics to dated and nothing more then a skill grind or hated RMT aspect of it .

I play many other some like Wurm and use Discord so yes word gets out ..

Wrong place for my rants on things that have nothing to do with Wurm.  I still want that boat tho... :)

Edited by Wurmhole
  • Like 1

i figure it depends how you use it, it's just a platform. I have friends all over the world, (raised in HK and served in RN) it's occasionally useful.

however with kids that don't know no better (and many adults), i can see how it's a source of strife and discord.
Maybe schools need to integrate social media use into their curriculum's. To teach how it can be a healthy thing even if you have terrible parents and troubling peers.
As for false imagery and narcissism.. well, the church has been a source of that for 2000 years. maybe through fb we can seize the opportunity to deconstruct it.
Combine that with 2 world wars, we are a damaged people, social media presents that damage in its entirety.
surely that's the first step in a healing process, better than hiding it away, letting it collectively stagnate from within.
it's going to take a long time for us to recover from the last 100 years, ne'er mind the last 2000. 
I don't specifically `believe in facebook` but i do believe that social media has a purpose and to call it evil, i find a little misguided. 

That said, my most professional friends simply don't use it. Unless it's for PR

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 1

deleting my soap box

Edited by Wurmhole
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2018 at 6:14 PM, Mclavin said:

then we moan about why nothing gets advertised

Like/Sharing is pushing this game out to many people on friend lists, if they even press like/comment just for fun, it goes to their friends and so on. 
unfortunately there has to be some incentive to share, so there is a knar as a prize.

Almost all my family and friends are abandoning FB due to privacy concerns. For us the time of FB is over. I sincerely hope CodeClub finds other ways of advertising the game.

Thank you Retro and Devs for giving away a nice ship to the community.

Edited by Kyrmius
  • Like 2

deleting my reply to soap box ;)

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 1

Well, it's time to announce the winner... Drumroll please!

The winner of the rare knarr, and new owner of the "Student Driver" is... Beastwolf! 

EHg0aLe.png

Like all good student drivers, may he narrowly avoid hitting trash bins, mailboxes, and local wildlife, congratulations!

We're pretty pleased with how many people took the time to share wurm, and talk about the game they love playing with others, Wurm is a hard game to get into, and having a friend in those early days can make all the difference in someone who sticks around vs someone who leaves.

We'll be looking at more competitions, both via forums and social media over the coming weeks and months, if you have a competition you'd like to see, go ahead and tell us! 

Retrograde & the Wurm team

• Like 9