Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Need a new boat? Knarrt a problem with this competition!

knarrmate.png

Wurmians!

After all our testing with the new wood colours and dyeworks, we're left with one extra rare knarr, and it could be yours!
To win a rare knarr with your choice of wood type AND choice of sail colour, simply:
1) Like our Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/WurmOnline/
2) Share the post with the competion:
3) Comment on that post with what you'd call the ship
To win, you'll need to have done all three, and we'll pick a winner on the night of the update and hand deliver it to any Wurm Online server!

We plan to give away lots of goodies via Facebook this year, so it's worth following and checking out!

And good luckl

• Like 10

While I can't participate (no facebook account or any interest in it), it seems like a good way to share and promote Wurm events. Normally people wouldn't be interested in mentioning a niche game on their FB pages but when there is a reward involved, this could work!

+1

why not supreme? ;) GL everyone.

Edited by Niki
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Niki said:

why not supreme? ;) GL everyone.

Pigs get fat. Hogs get slaughtered. 

Ill take a rare “oaken odin” \o/

Oh well there goes my chance , don't use Fakebook , I love some privacy in my life still..

But may be a good way to advertise some , good luck ..:ph34r:

• Like 2

No book of faces here either, but I know quite a few players have wanted to see more action on social media. 

Criteria for "choosing" a winner?  Lottery based?  Best boat name?  Who are the judges?

Good luck players!

• Like 1

Good luck to you all!

Glad to see i'm not the only weirdo without a facebook :D

• Like 1

44 shares so far.

(click the time text)

Edited by Steveleeb

I love having privacy so i dont use facebook.

plz fix this demand for me to join another private company to join a wurm comp plz

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, zetzu said:

plz fix this demand for me to join another private company to join a wurm comp plz

You don't need to use any of yours data on facebook. You can even create profile wich name isn't related to you so no harm in any way.

• Like 1

id like to participate in this, but like a few other posts I don't use facebook. using facebook is a serious invasion of a persons privacy and its rather unfair to require that to enter a game draw. FACEBOOK IS PURE EVIL!!!!

• Like 2

But i signed up for wurm and the related forum why isent that enough to join a competition in wurm?

• Like 3

Understood that people won't like using that kind of portals, but you guys think what about this contest is? It's purpose is to spread a word about Wurm, not to just pick random wurm user to gave him a knarr.

• Like 8

Wurm team can make all the social media accounts they like and use them to spread the word about this wonderfull game :) But i also want to join this and it seems like im forced to make a third party account (That i really dont want) to get in on it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, zetzu said:

Wurm team can make all the social media accounts they like and use them to spread the word about this wonderfull game :) But i also want to join this and it seems like im forced to make a third party account (That i really dont want) to get in on it.

Lots of games and companies do something similar. If you don't want to create an account to participate, no one is forcing you.

Edited by Budzilla
  • Like 1

yeah it's a PR thing, it could be argued that Twitter is more effective.
not everyone on my list is going to see the post i publicly shared.
Still, anything that raises awareness to the fact that WO even exists. gets a +10 from me

• Like 3

True there. I quite never post anything on Facebook (I even check it not more than once per month) but jumped on this - partly for the prize but this may be well raising awareness.

5 hours ago, Cecci said:

Seems to be a lottery.

ah, ok.  Kind of a bummer in a way.  I was just coming back to suggest maybe the Factional Fight Brothers could be among the judges and feature this on their show.

Granted, their audience surely know about it but thought it might be cool.

Maybe down the road!

Sucks I cant participate (dont use facebook) so no knarr for me. Best wishes for those who do!

Glad to see this type of promotional contests!

5 hours ago, zetzu said:

then we moan about why nothing gets advertised

Like/Sharing is pushing this game out to many people on friend lists, if they even press like/comment just for fun, it goes to their friends and so on. 
unfortunately there has to be some incentive to share, so there is a knar as a prize.

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 2

I just have to say that since I shared that post, a friend who I haven't been in contact with in some time has spoken to me about their interest in Wurm and plans on seriously trying it out. Word of mouth works!

• Like 14