Sign in to follow this  
Ausimus

Omicron [16384x16384]

Biggest map I have made to date. Probably best to have a decent server to run this beast. If not expect lag, much lag.

krAtw9d.jpg

Comparing with Xanadu superimposed

KdZxUDg.jpg

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipO_iS6cBKc5Hk8ZjvMe9g-s-lpSHvNE2lP15-kAyUkmOUPNwQPLzRZ3qd_jEiU2kQ/photo/AF1QipO-EbqBqVs5bSj12IvKVXh9_Ntd-J-yWfc38IXY?key=N0hEWGRMTjNhQkI2RUNXUjlqZlp2Y09HZ25xYm13

Download

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11YRsaunVjohnmRmD5UfyKbJi28X8PaPN/view

• Like 8

Nice map, 8k is already to much for most servers. Proper population of animals on this size server is going to be a lag fest. If only WU was properly multi-threaded we could consider actually running something like this.

• Like 1

i couldnt even get it to load, let alone get in there to experience the map.. it's just too big even for my computer.. needless  to say it didnt stay long, i tried that map generator "Wgenerator" and i cant get it to generate a map bigger than 4096,...

My 8k map is tough on the machine...ssd having a hard time keeping up, so it's now running off a ram-drive.

16k map will need a powerful server.

got it running  had to increase the ram in the config  easy for me with 64bg ram.  lol dropped in the water barely see land , hope to swim before drowning

[Runtime]
OverrideDefaultJavaPath=false
JavaPath=
[Memory]
InitialHeap=512m
MaxHeapSize=32048m    
[Utility]
CleanLogsOnStart=true
[VMParams]
JvmParam0=-XX:+AggressiveOpts

re trying this map  added    modlauncher.bat -Xmx24g    it's only using 8-9gb ram.  and 1 gb ram for client. so huge, kinda have to play as a gm. was thinking would be cool to host this map as a GM only server, or give everyone 99 skills ect. and increase movment speeds. 

A very large map, but all the mountains are about the same size and there is too much rock surface, both from a practical point of view and from an aesthetic point of view.