Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Completing Deli's highway network

Today I noticed that we have (at least) one major gap in central Deli's highway network - a short connection is missing between Puzzle Plaza and the east/southeast network:

fxYvG7p.png

The missing part ist shown in purple. I noticed this gap today when I sent out for GD's public wagoner to collect some crates on the SE peninsula, and saw her drive all the way down (almost) to the south coast and back north again, before being able to turn east. Apart from that, we have a very nasty "zig-zag line" of catseyes in the area marked in red - being a real problem for the wagoner, as described in this thread:

I would like to tackle both problems. Wouldn't that be a great community project for the wonderful people of Deliverance? What do you think? Any ideas or suggestions?

As to the missing highway link: there are three deeds on the way:

• Happy Dreamers
  • Highway Protection East
  • Pilgrim's Gate

So we would have to contact their mayors first. Who has more information about the owners? (I know Happy Dreamers is MrCoolMan's deed.)

• Like 1

Alternatively we could go through Green Tunnel, of course:

qJFDH8m.png

Only one deed involved (Pilgrim's Gate), as far as I can tell, but some mining needed. Whatever is the better solution...

I think that main problem is Pilgrims gate - I am sure MCM would not have problem with it- Not sure but think they have been having problems with owners of Pilgrims gate-otherwise I think it would have been done already - not sure about what problems have been tho:)

I have connected my self to network now i dont know how we do about pilgrims gate area.

• Like 1

and Highway Protection East should be JDBookers deed, he set up deeds to get area protected

I did indeed set up some deeds.

we cant put a highway through pilgrims gate, he's stopping the completion
i started making a tunnel to go around his deed, linking the ppm tunnel with the green tunnel, and another to the north side to join the road to the red/blue tunnels
i was basically surrounding his deed making a bypass
i have got about 1500 catseyes ready to go in, but i need to get back to deli and finish levelling and reinforcing the mine floor.

• Like 5

So, it seems I was not aware that this project is already in full progress :) How nice - very good job, guys!

I already fixed both entrances of Green Tunnel and started to plant catseyes in the southern (east/west) section, until I ran out of catseyes. Your 1500 would come in handy now...

I closed a small gap yesterday, between HOS Protected Forest and Moss (althou Moss is not on the grid)

Gah I forgot to link up Port Catnip.. I have catseyes and waystones ready just completely forgot. Will do that section when I'm next back at my deed :)

Atm tunnel is almost level down, we removed 2 iron veins, about to make support beams so we dont get a cave in.

• Like 1

Awesome job :) I wonder if the blacksheep I had with me that day we worked on the tunnel is still lost in there somewhere heh

Making more support beams for the walls now, need to mine away 2 more veins and we are done to place cateyes.

bypass complete atleast, green tunnel has 2 veins if thoose needs to mined down i not sure, but in my mind it should be best to have whole tunnel cleared from veins.

Network can be passed by theese veins they are at east wall.

PPM tunnel has eyes through to the green tunnel.

Highway Protection West, and South are connected via PPM.

The North tunnel through HPWest needs lowering and reinforcing, there are 2x sandstone 2x copper veins in there.

There has been a collapse near the exit of the North tunnel which has created a tile that for some reason cannot be mined, so i'll have to fill and re-mine the area a little.

There are 187 floor tiles in the Green tunnel that are not reinforced (181 on the highway path). I have laid eyes from both directions as far as i could, but have run out of support beams.

we could always get 78 beams along the west line of the tunnel to get a basic link, then reinforce the rest later.

Edited by JDBooker
  • Like 1

On 2/2/2018 at 10:11 PM, Yaga said:

Apart from that, we have a very nasty "zig-zag line" of catseyes in the area marked in red - being a real problem for the wagoner, as described in this thread:

qJFDH8m.png

Zigzag area encircled in red has been rectified

• Like 2

Wow! Thanks. (That was still on my todo list ;)).

Good job.

7 hours ago, xxxpoisonxxx said:

Zigzag area encircled in red has been rectified

Awesome, i was going to go there this evening and sort that!

I will be going to fix the north tunnel around pilgrims gate this evening.

Want to thank all ppl that helped out here:

Xyonado

Gmsf
Yaga

Cannibalistic

Awen

Xxxpoisonxxx + his miner alt and His wife =)

and i so greatful for the supportbeams u made Quasiwud

I went abit tired in end so anyhow good work ppl and good planing 

JDBooker.

ill soon on the bypasses from my area =)

• Like 1

i got distracted linking up the green tunnel, so haven't yet had a chance to finish the north spur.

Next project the blue tunnel?

I'm curious if any of the folks up north are planning to connect to the highway -- I'm all the way in the NE corner and want to connect

Edited by MissWilc
grammar is everything

I think Delightfuldee has been working on a road towards NE, at least there is road down to Klondyke.

I have not talked with her for a while so not sure what has been catseyed or not!

She had bumped in to a sea of clay and a deed north of the entrance to Harmony Pass along the coast.

• Like 1