Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Completing Deli's highway network

I'm thinking our best bet is to go through the East/West Wolf's Den tunnel, then connect to the Red Tunnel. I rode though last night and didn't find any deeds in the path...for now :)

I was just looking at this 30 mins ago.

My north deed around pilgrims gate has a highway waystone. we just need to run up through the red/blue tunnels and iirc widen their mouths.

...and clear 2 VGood sandstone and 1 Good Copper in the north part of pilgrim bypass tunnel. I took out the crappy ql copper last week and hope to start on the last copper vein soon

The sandstones are on deed but all non citizens have vein mining permissions. it'd be a shame to waste the high quality copper/sandstone with my non-prem mining alt army, but i will if nobody wants it.

Update:

Copper veins are now gone.

Edited by JDBooker

The Wolfs Den tunnel also needs to be widened and has quite a few veins to knock out. Good news is that only one entrance is on a deed, I'll be trying to contact the deed owner to see if he cares to have it widened.

The tunnel also needs some other work, I think. It might be easier if we north-easters just build a big bridge to the highway system :P

Pilgrims Gate, North bypass is complete. the two sandstone veins combined gave 14,704 shards, so i should have enough to last a few months!

Next, i will have a look at the red/blue tunnels, maybe put in some deeds to remove reinforcements and widen the entrances if required.

• Like 1

The Blue tunnel is blocked by;

[13:44:33] This is within the village of Lunafreyja's Embrace.

Niarja states it was founded on 2017-11-23 by Redhawk

if anyone knows Redhawk please let them know i'd like their help.

The following 'backbone' of highways in the NE of Deli has now been linked with cats-eyes - all deed owners in the area are welcome to link up to it.

Thanks to JDBooker for planning, and for fending off terrible monsters whilst the eyes were planted.

UX6vRaC.jpg

Wolfs den is connected... but in a bit of an ugly way. See 'spoiler' image.

I would still prefer to run through the Red/Blue tunnels, so still need to contact Redhawk.

Spoiler

XJiQVru.png

There was 100 eyes or so that were needed to link up the north of "Yaga's Peninsula" so now the north coast of Dragon Cove is linked through the East highway.

Spoiler

CHROG2u.png

I Deeded Wolfs Den and completed a link to it.

Wonderland could connect to the highway with about 20 eyes, if they should desire.

Current progress is that i need 120 Support Beams to reinforce the floor of the Wolfs den tunnel entrance down to the Canal itself.

Quasiwud has supplied 100 beams. This is his second donation to the highway projects. A big thanks goes to him for this.

There are 2 iron veins in the way, but I have alts on them and they will be gone this week.

A big thanks to MCM for coming along to help with the veins.

The Canal has 6 veins in the way at the East end. If my memory serves me correctly, these are 3 tin and 3 zinc. These will hopefully be gone by next week.

I need to get hold of Markcrow as his deed covers the East end of the canal. I need to get permissions to widen the tunnel entrance there, in a way that is acceptable to all concerned.

If anyone wants to join in and mine some free ore/lumps you are very welcome. Though i politely request that you mine upwards when the vein is nearing the end.

Sometimes, very rarely, if mining level, when the vein disappears it can lower the floor, and since the area is paved we cannot fix this.

Mining up will always keep the floor level with the surrounding tiles. 

Edited by JDBooker
  • Like 1

Update: with the help of DelightfulDee and MCM, the iron veins from the West end of the tunnel have been removed.

The North-east of Deli is now only 50 tiles away from connection! (pending a modified tunnel entrance)

There are 6 veins in the way of these 50 tiles, and need to be removed, from West to East;

40ql Tin, 3-5k Mined out

24ql Tin, 1-3k Mined out

21ql Zinc, 5-10k Mined out

29ql Zinc, 3-5k

75ql Zinc, 1-3k Mined out

26ql Zinc, 3-5k Mined out

I am approaching these from the West, and hope to take out about 5-10k a day.

Update2:

Only one vein remains.

This will be gone today.

Edited by JDBooker

I'm working on the Wolf Den tunnel from the east, keeping an eye out for MarkCrow. I dropped a bunch of bsbs by most of the veins, feel free to use them and take them when they aren't needed it. i didn't secure them.

Wolfs Den tunnel is free of veins.

All we need now is permissions from Markcrow at Ravensrise to complete the tunnel.

Catseyes are placed as far as permissions will allow;

[17:04:53] You do not have permission to plant a catseye on (or next to) "Ravensrise".

• Like 1

Wow - again. I'll keep watching for MarkCrow and trying to track down Red.

Thanks for all the mining and the support beam donations. I have a few and can make more to complete the 120 needed.

Have the 20 support beams + a rare lol

Edited by MissWilc

I apologize for having been missing but I will catseye the rest of the tunnel tonight. I'll be glad to have it connected.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Markcrow said:

I apologize for having been missing but I will catseye the rest of the tunnel tonight. I'll be glad to have it connected.

I won't be on much longer tonight, but if you need help with anything just give a shout 

Big thanks to Markcrow for giving me deed permissions to open up the end of the tunnel, for planting the last few catseyes and miscellaneous other things to help.

Wolf's Den tunnel is now complete and the North-east of Deli is linked!

Wolfs Den Highway (incl. past Wonderland, and NE 'Backbone'), courtesy of;

JDBooker/Nusty/Ricardor/Highwayman/Resurrection/DragonNah, (Funding, Mining, Organising, Paving/Catseyes, Planning, Reinforcing, Strongwalling, and Temporary Deeds)

JoTheBard/Muse, (Funding, Mining, Paving/Catseyes, Strongwalling)

Quasiwud (Donation of Support Beams)

MrCoolMan, (Mining)

Wilca/Lexa, (Concrete, Mining)

DelightfulDee, (Mining)

ChaosKiller, (Mining)

MarkCrow, (Mining, Paving/Catseyes, Permissions, Reinforcing, Security)

...and anyone else who helped without me knowing.

I still want to link the red/blue tunnel to make wagoners faster, and as a backup route in-case of breakages or maintenance.

So contacting redhawk is still something required.

However i am now looking for the next project. 

Suggestions and highway requests are welcomed.

Edited by JDBooker
  • Like 2

Well done guys!

How's that yellow tunnel from Nightmare lake to Arcadia?

it has single row and reinforcements but would make a great connection from the road Delightfuldee has been working on along the west coast of Nightmare.

I intend to connect from there to Midgard, the road is now wide enough from lake to the peat area west of lake.

13 hours ago, JDBooker said:

So contacting redhawk is still something required.

I believe that Redhawk belongs to Druidnature, not that I know how to contact him.

=Ayes=

Currently mining out a very good iron vein in the Red Tunnel.

Feel free to bring your smelters, logs and bsbs and grab yourself some iron - this vein had over 7K when we started and needs to go, in order to allow catseyes through :) 

Miners so far:

Jothebard

MrCoolMan

DelightfulDee

Thanks to Figs for prospecting:

[03:53:27] <Figs> [22:52:13] You will be able to mine here 928 more times.  stopped just a little too soon on that vein it's almost dead

We can do this. :o)

Update: Thanks to everyone who helped mine out this vein - the Red Tunnel is now clear of veins.

Edited by Muse

Any another veins to destroy? If i will have some time in the next weekend, i can come to you people and get some mining :P