Sign in to follow this  
Wilczan

What is formula for max height difference between arched bridge ends

Seems like arched bridges does not follow max 20 slope per tile formula.

Got info that max height difference is calculated in some other way.

For example my 21 tile long bridge can have max 240 slope difference between both ends instead 420, like flat bridge would.

I assume that this decreased value is couse of arched bridge steep. But if it is already calculated for max steep (20)? If so, maybe arched bridge with steep 5 should have higher difference available?

Or maybe it has nothing to do with the steep, just other factor?

Edited by Wilczan

The arched bridge is a sine wave with a maximum slope of 20 (assuming each end is the same height.

When end are different heights, it uses 2 of these slopes and tries to find the ones where there is the least difference where they meet.

If you slope is less that 20, it scales it.

2 hours ago, Tich said:

The arched bridge is a sine wave with a maximum slope of 20 (assuming each end is the same height.

When end are different heights, it uses 2 of these slopes and tries to find the ones where there is the least difference where they meet.

If you slope is less that 20, it scales it.

Thanks for clarification.

Any chance that arched bridge would check to max of 23 slope? Still walkable and would make additional difference, especially on long bridges (over 30 tiles).

WHat is max height differenceof both ends for 27, 35, 36 tile long arched bridges?

Can someone give me exact value?

Thanks

Mabye some kind of table for wurmpedia with max values for all lenghts of arched bridges?