Sign in to follow this  
Brew

Felled trees = potential dmg

Can we get felled trees to cause dmg?

10-15-20-25 dmg per felled trees based on armor usage/type/QL. 

A flat amount wouldn't be a bad option if the calculations would cause too much work or more bugs.  

Reason: you fall off dirt walls and have to pay attention, you can get collapsed inside mines, why not take tree dmg if you're standing under the tile felled like a loserjack ;)

Feel free to say no, just my two irons for the day.

• Like 1

Only if they can also get them to roll.

PvP meta, grow trees at the top of every dirt wall.

• Like 2

well since using a hatchet to fall a tree in wurm is no different than a beaver gnawing a tree down this would be a poor suggestion as we have zero control over which way a tree falls

i think 25 damage is too much since you can be trebbed with a cow and take 0.2 dmg. Or a 80kg rock shards and take 0.4 dmg. 

I just think it's one of those things that will annoy than create better gameplay.

• Like 2

the absolute dmg isnt important as the mechanic,  the difference would be from the type of wood and its age (weight) vs the armor your wearing. So an overaged oak with no armor should be the most dmg, were as a lemon tree felling with studded leather on would be miniscule.

The current way to solve the where does the tree land issue, the tile you chop down, need to walk away from (pay attention) for x time or y event, then you can carry on.  As it stands now, there is no threat other than mobs for woodcutters, and yes the pvp meta would be awesome.  Lure them to a wooded forest, etc etc (tree collisions) make this feasible now ;)

-1 Unnecessary brutality for the woodcutters.

It is just annoying to keep distance, watch for player's position, and so on... (every single bit of damage is buffing action timers:angry:)

What's next, slipping or falling to death in holes or collapsing walls and ceilings while digging and mining?

Sunburn deaths from fishing or rng rips as you ride around the map on your horse?..

• Like 2

7 days to die has this feature and it's extremely annoying.

• Like 1

As a newbie, I was actually afraid of being hit by my own felled trees. :) (I was also afraid of felled trees hitting my horse!)

Nevertheless, I agree that the mechanic would just be annoying, especially since you have no control over how the tree falls. At this point, I assume that guiding a tree down properly is simply abstracted into the process, and I'm fine with that. :)

sorry nop -1

might as well introduce carbon monoxide while your at it.

"You walk into a cloud of, oh dear you're dead..."

• Like 1

I thought about this post after I saw a video about 7 Days to Die and a guy on there killed a zombie with a falling tree he just cut. Any-who, I would +1 if there was more control to where the tree would land and just affected the mobs. The way it is now with trees falling anywhere -1

Edited by PumperNickel
Fixed a sentence

Honestly thought this was a suggestion for felled trees to be a weapon. Then I thought it was to have it do structure damage. Seeing that its wounds from a falling tree, -1. Noobs need trees, 

On 2/1/2018 at 1:32 PM, Finnn said:

Unnecessary brutality for the woodcutters.

IWhat's next, slipping or falling to death in holes or collapsing walls and ceilings while digging and mining?

Sunburn deaths from fishing or rng rips as you ride around the map on your horse?..

+1

• Like 1

I say yes, because I oddly move out of the way anyway. However trees should not damage structures and only hurt the player that cut it if they are in the wrong place when it lands. The damage should also be very minimal.

Edited by Trenix