Sign in to follow this  
Baloo

Restoring Tundra Project - Mt Tundra

1 hour ago, Aldur said:

Howdy folks.

Here is a map, prepared by Egor, representing the area intended to become all tundra (within yellow borders).

Gt18XbU.png

There is no good reason at all to devastate that large of an area and turn it into a huge TuRD hole.

Go find some spot in xanadu to make this, no need for this on exo.

Hi Jake.

Look closely at this map, most of this area is already tundra (there is more of it, as this is older dump). 

Also it's almost the same area as original tundra.

I have recently asked you about this, you said something completely opposite to what you say now. You asked for perimeter around The Jungle - we included it. You asked about distance from your sandstone highway and we did that as well. I've explicitly asked you if you have any other issue with restoring tundra to original area. You said you don't have any deeds there and it's ok. There was plenty of time since then, to refine your mind should you forget about something.

If I can't trust what you say, then we have a problem. So far you seem to be the only one having issue with this project. What gives you the right to shove us out to Xanadu and tell us what to do? I could say similar things to you. If you want to control the whole server as if this were open PvP, go to Chaos.

As we already had an agreement, I consider it still valid. Restoring tundra is a lot of work, it's already ongoing. If you try to grief it, I will put a griefing and harassment case against you. So whatever you are planning, you better be open about it before it gets to fists.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Aldur said:

If you try to grief it, I will put a griefing and harassment case against you.

Good luck with that.

Worm pretty much dead so it don't matter anyways. All your efforts be for naught if the server had 5x the numbers on it.

Did you just admit that you will grief this project? :)

6 hours ago, Aldur said:

Did you just admit that you will grief this project? :)

Perhaps you are the griefers for cutting down all the forest?

I mean really what is the difference?

What makes your project so important to the server? It is an area roughly 1/36th of the server that you decided needs to be one huge area of useless terrain.

Edited by JakeRivers

Is all this about fruit tree forest that used to be there? I recall you mentioning you used it.

If this is the case, then you should have said so straight away. The forest can be restored, but maybe you could agree on a different location, to avoid breaking all the work already done in that area.

The difference is that nobody knew that anything in that area still had purpose and nobody actually wanted to mess anything. We can argue if enough effort was made to communicate, but I wasn't here back then so I'm not the one to clear that.

Right now we have a precise map and I've had a chat with you asking very specific questions, like where do you want borders of tundra and if you have a stake in any other area around the crater. Now it seems as if you changed your mind and consider breaking hard work of many other players, who continued it because of your previous statements.

Also I don't recall you asking or consulting anyone, before turning 1/4 of great desert into a scene from Doom, just to make Baloo angry.

10 hours ago, Aldur said:

before turning 1/4 of great desert into a scene from Doom

seriously?

This based off of baloos calculations? If she really wants to see a desert doom it can be arranged. In fact it may have to be doomed to make up for the lost of forest over at some random mountain area.

Seriously there is no protection for un-deeded area's as far as I know, other than the time I have heard of GM intervention for undeeded server area was Quasiwuds Oak tree project, which still has me baffled. If you can get the GM's to sign off on desert/tundra protection on Exodus get them to post it here I would like to see there official take on this. 

Wurm is still a sandbox.

Edited by JakeRivers

I'm sorry Jake but are you bloody serious? I am supposed to waste GM time, so that some basic and clearly readable Freedom server rules can be laid out in front of your pvp head?

There may not be undeeded area protection, but there is protection from griefing and harassment on freedom servers.

We do not need anyone's blessing here! Only YOU have a problem with this project and you are openly threatening to devastate someones hard work AND break on your words.

I'm done talking with you. If you do anything, then I will involve GM's. Want their take on this, ask them yourself and stop wasting any more of my or their time, as they are fed up with this ongoing drama.

I told you I was not going to touch it if you all stayed away from my deed, I just think this project if that is what you want to call it is pointless and looks like crap, and I fully intend to stick to that view point.

You were the one that brought up griefing, as far as I know there is no area's that get 'park protection' in wurm, this is a sandbox. If you want vast tracks of land sculpted and left untouched, wu is ---->

• Like 1

I was actually thinking of making a deed at the top of that mountain , will you come and scream at me for doing so?

@Aldur

Thanks Jake, that is all I wanted you to say.

And yes I also don't think that an area can get protection, which is why I didn't want to bug GM's about it and I am not claiming ownership of anything.

Instead this thread was made and I went out of my way to ensure there is also a map and that we knew the stance of players who we knew have issue with this project. Should anyone openly tell us he/she is against this project, I wouldn't make a fuss.

But thus far nobody did and many ally members put a lot of work already in the area because of that. Should one of these people change their mind today and plow the place to dirt, I'm sorry but for me this would be pure case of griefing. That is different to what Sn00 just said. I've never spoken with him, he never promised anything and should he plant that deed, well his right. If he were to destroy a lot of tundra in the process, I might be personally displeased he ignored other players wishes and work. I would probably avoid any business with him in the future as I dislike such attitude, but that would be it.

Edited by Aldur

I see clear cutting and dirt east of the sandstone highway, you guys are taking this too far.

Expect I will start a reforestation project.

I don't care if you go cutting down forests, but if you are doing this just to spread that tundra, well enough is enough.

Edited by JakeRivers

Hello Jake.

There was a rift on top of your Sandstone highway, which I believe has been cleared 2 days ago. I'm surprised you have not noticed it? Have you missed all the valrei corpses and other signs of closed rift?

You saw the map, we stick to it. Stop looking for excuses.

uuyJN4E.png

I don't bother with every rift, and didn't even know the last one was there.

Sorry to bother you.

My bad, was late at night looking for dragons, not paying much attention to corpses/junk on the ground.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

Eats popcorn*…...Jake's neighbor. Been on Exo since day 1, same spot. Good ole' Macragge Lagoon. Built the first highway right where sandstone highway is now. Was griefed daily lol. I personally hate tundra, but as long as it doesn't go anywhere near me, idc lol

https://imgur.com/a/VdByP#0

Edited by Calgar

Hello again, folks.

Here is a picture of tundra project area, with a layed over area that has recently been reforested (blue), which is within tundra area.

mRGyt7b.png 

Some tundra tiles have been removed in the process, including recently created new ones.

@JakeRivers I have just established this was your doing. You have destroyed work of my friends without any attempt to even talk this through beforehand. You have made further threats to my friend, that you will continue to plant more trees. I have no choice but to contact GM's about a griefing case against you.

Update: I am in the process of writing the case. My interests are:

1. So that you make a final agreement with us about area of Tundra restoration.

2. So that you respect the agreement and avoid breaking any work in that area.

3. So that you stop being aggressive in conversations with my friends.

4. So that you start talking plans for any breaking changes with us before acting on them.

I think it will be couple days before case is made, we can come to terms earlier, should you be willing.

I'm posting this here, so that it's on record that I've tried.

Edited by Aldur

I have not packed a single tile of tundra, I told you I would be planting tree's along the highway I spent time rebuilding, the paved sandstone highway.

I have no idea what you are talking about in the red circle, maybe go back to your mapping skills and try again.

WAqK20o.png

Edited by JakeRivers

I've been there to see it myself, it is the area I've marked. You have planted much further than 5 tiles away from sandstone highway and yes, the other area you marked with "red" IS how far you planted them. Look at the landmarks, eg. road going through mount tundra before criticizing my "mapping skills". Finally yes you have avoided touching tundra tiles along highway, but some tundra tiles within other marked area are indeed missing, if you haven't removed them then who did? Or did you miss them when going on a forestry spree? Those were lone tiles surrounded by dirt. I've told you how much work it takes to create even one of these.

Seriously take this map, paint the area precisely as YOU see the tundra border and promise me you won't be making any more fuss about this whole matter, because I'm bloody tired of this.

PS. And it wouldn't hurt if you asked when in doubt. Seriously, just ASK SOMEONE.

Edited by Aldur

whatever

go ahead, cut my trees down, I still have several thousand more sprouts, ill plant them on top of tundra next time though, rather than all that dirt

If you do that, it will make the griefing case a no-brainer for a GM, so you will do us a favor. In clear cases of griefing GM's are known to even restore terrain, so you might do zero damage in the process. Sounds like a great plan. :D

Took a screenshot of that post, just in case it may be needed.

And I have no interest in cutting your trees, I want work of my friends to be protected. So I will talk with them to move the line to where you planted them (no promises though). Just please stick to this adjusted border.

If you want it protected, as I am sure the GM's are not going to make some random part of the wilderness a heritage site, this is not the hota after all, you can just drop a 300x300 deed if the tundra means that much to you.

Maybe the GM's will put back the ~3000 cherry tree's you cut down, I spent 2 years tending that, sure seemed like griefing to me.

Here is a more accurate map of the area, red is what I recently planted over the dirt tiles and the blue area is the area I reverted back to grass prior to this discussion starting. I may of said 5 tiles chatting before, but when I plant I do 3 wide and just automatic for me, the rest I did to break up the lines.

lb6b8ZU.png

I did not chop any of your trees and don't know specifics of how that happened and who did it. If you'd like I can ask around.

Thanks for the map, I will update the project map to reflect this new border, once it is accepted by everyone. I will also try to change background image to the non-izometric version you used, as it is more intuitive to reason about and was imo the source of this issue.

Hope we can keep the peace now.

Edited by Aldur

Yes, it would be nice if there was an agreement.

And here is the reason why we are upset. Initially we heard from you that you wanted to plant 5 tiles of trees on either side of the sandstone highway and a border of trees around the perimeter of the Jungle.

The amount of trees you planted however is way more and makes us fear that you will just continue planting trees, just because you want to.

If you have a plan with this, simply tell us, we can negotiate then and come to an agreement that is not perfect, but a workable compromise.

The issue for me is simply this: I don't object to you planting trees around your deed. What I find difficult is that I have no clue where your plans will end. This is what makes it complicated for me.

So: what is it you want, and let's negotiate then.