Sign in to follow this  
Zuzanazan

Evicted from Serendipity Bay area

@punishlifeHe's saying the OP is ungrateful because of all the help and support he'd given them in the previous days, which you'd have seen if you read the following line in the conversation or my post earlier in the thread, rather than joining others in taking a few lines out of context and assuming you know the intent behind the words without even knowing the person who wrote them.

This thread is getting ridiculous at this point, and imo yet another example of the sort of thing that has no place on official game forums. Sort out the drama in-game between players, leave the forums to be somewhere at least somewhat positive and professional. Maybe even - get this for a new idea - somewhere players can be nice towards each other, maybe show how good of a community wurm (usually) has? If I was a new player, seeing posts like this and the way people are just coming along to join in the drama, insulting, name-calling, arguing -  would put me off playing entirely.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Substr said:

@punishlifeHe's saying the OP is ungrateful because of all the help and support he'd given them in the previous days, which you'd have seen if you read the following line in the conversation or my post earlier in the thread, rather than joining others in taking a few lines out of context and assuming you know the intent behind the words without even knowing the person who wrote them.

I actually did read it, Yaga gave them a  tour, farm arnimals etc, yet in the shared conversation in OP's post, there's no reference to the help but this:

"[21:11:27] <Yaga> You are being pretty ungrateful now, do you realize?
[21:11:48] <Yaga> If I remember correctly I have been friendly and helpful to you, so far"

at first look,that ^ is the arrogance i'm talking about.

You should be nice to people without expecting reward or praise, not use it as leverage over someone when they don't do something you want

• Like 5

Being unable to see that someone saying "do not mess with me and my friends" is intimidation implies, as stated, blindness. Yagas appeal for gratitude to enforce his will just makes what little he did appear utterly false and his demand to dictate entry permits for anywhere within 3 map tiles of his deeds is completely crazy (i define the word crazy by including in the set of crazy people anyone who cares more about keeping some pixels aligned than making sure everyone has a good time), he cannot possibly ascertain who will make a good neighbor and if everyone demanded that there would not be any free space left.

This game has severe management issues and is shoddy to the core. Have had so many negative experiences with staff and the drop shaft "feature" is like the devs started with a rough draft of horribly flawed code and then never bothered to correct it. Also the path of love questions are akin to someones mad delusions that end up with "enlightenment" of being able to poison people with thoughts, feeeel the looooove! Tricking people into spending money on this fuskbygge is little more than a scam.

Entered this game as part of a research project and I have seen enough, my feelings are adequately summed up by an ingame endgame friend when hitting the fatigue wall:
. this .
Leaves world.

• Like 1

I use to live next door to Yaga, he is pretty cool if anyone deeds next to him.

So don't understand the fuss if they want to maintain a tight Alliance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zuzanazan said:

Entered this game as part of a research project and I have seen enough

Ah, the story has changed, as it often does when a person has misinterpreted something and has too much pride to admit it.

If you didn't want to take your neighbors into consideration while setting up your deed, Wurm Unlimited would have been a better choice.

Good luck in your "research."

Edited by LadyCygnet
  • Like 2

Ok, if you feel it is  fuskbygge that is a result of your previous experience and your emotions.

Same if you feel Yaga  was rude, you read stuff in based on your emotions and experiences also.

This is an Indie game, and it is a work in progress.

Edited by Cecci

Also just about every populated area of wurm has agreeable rules by the locals, since trees, tar, clay, and roads are usually needed by everyone.

nvm.

Edited by Jaz

17 hours ago, Zuzanazan said:

Leaves world.

After reading the contents of this post above it, I find this ending to be good news! I am glad that you have decided to make Deliverance/Wurm a better place by departing from it.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

On 2/1/2018 at 4:53 PM, punishlife said:

I actually did read it, Yaga gave them a  tour, farm arnimals etc, yet in the shared conversation in OP's post, there's no reference to the help but this:

"[21:11:27] <Yaga> You are being pretty ungrateful now, do you realize?
[21:11:48] <Yaga> If I remember correctly I have been friendly and helpful to you, so far"

at first look,that ^ is the arrogance i'm talking about.

You should be nice to people without expecting reward or praise, not use it as leverage over someone when they don't do something you want

I agree, but instead of liking your post I'll add... that your quote is cropped out of context.

They already exchanged a few not so polite lines above that.

Making that irrelevant, as they were having a fight already.

Either way.....it's just misunderstanding between the two. /IMO/

Both knew what they were talking about, but did not spare the time for details.

I can't comment if either have a picky character, I do not know them.

This could have been solved in a more civilized manner in another private conversation when both weren't so fired up. But instead we got this.

Misunderstanding IMO.

p.s.

zuza you got a few things completely wrong(talking about your last post)

On 1/31/2018 at 1:36 PM, Yaga said:

Please show the fairness to read my explaining post again (see above), before repeating things that are not true. This was NOT about inviting players to their deed! (OP was not a villager of any deed nor had a deed of their o

The thread would've easily dropped off the first page and been forgotten if other staff didn't feel the need to make an attempt at crowd control imo.

As a new player (non yet on premium), I have been spending the last couple of weeks looking at the different servers to find a potential home.  I am extremely conscious of what my actions do to the environment and I have entered the game wanting to make sure that I respect the older, established players as to not offend.  I read all the "deed etiquette" guides that I could find in an attempt to avoid any faux pas on my part.  Which is why after three weeks of wandering around, I still haven't found a suitable area.  

All that being said, this thread has just scared me off - probably for good and I will most likely stick with Wurm Unlimited servers.  

To be honest, I was having a difficult time finding any friendly folks and this is probably the reason why.  

Good grief.  

The problem is that most players find anything in their local area to be their territory and if anyone even steps foot in that local area are on alert. We do not own all the tiles in that local range in most cases but we for sure act like we own them. As far as the OP is concerned this is just part of this showing up is it right or fair no but it is just how most of the players are. I am sure with time even you would become controlling over your local area and want it run your way even if you have no grounds to do so. 

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 1:00 AM, Miner said:

This reminds me why Chaos was a soap opera forum 

I like your profile picture. Hereeeeeeee, kitty, kitty kitty kitty, come kitty come kitty comeeee!

P.S. Just make your deeds on epic and kill the intruders. Makes it fun and could use some more players. :)

Edited by Wimblonian
  • Like 1

Lol, what a scumbag thing for a staff member to tell some new player. Jump off your high horse buddy. @Yaga

Sad to see this thread couldn't end in a civil understanding, and sad that it was taken here in the first place.

I see what Yaga was trying to say, but just didn't find the right words. And that's fine! proper communication can be very diffiuclt, especially in the midst of conflict. What Yaga said DID look pretty enforcing, but it wasn't intended as such.

Also, I'm sure Yaga was just shocked at their behaviour after all his help, rather then using it as emotional blackmail to do what he wants her to do. And if he had seen this possibility he wouldn't have said it in the first place.

From what I've seen Yaga was being very friendly and welcoming to his neighbouring land, and I can see how this conflict started in the first place. Bad communication paired with lack of questioning or full understanding and assumptions. And having new people invited into your possible alliance and general area is a scary thing, he's not telling her what to do, just asking that she's respectful and cautious, and I don't see anything wrong with it, it's purely motivated by caution and past abuse, I see no bullying or harmful intent.

And as for Zuzanazan, sorry to see you go, but you should have spoken to Yaga a bit more, and made how you felt more clear before posting. Could have avoiding a lot of stress.

As for the CM power argument... What? he didn't use any of that power, he's just like any other player with emotions. Why must we treat him differently? Especially since there was no theme of power use at all, just 2 people in a heated moment.

Edited by Wiolo
  • Like 2

On 1/2/2018 at 5:10 PM, Zuzanazan said:

Entered this game as part of a research project and I have seen enough, my feelings are adequately summed up by an ingame endgame friend when hitting the fatigue wall:
. this .
Leaves world.

lol i dont know any of this people but this is just hilariously stupid. the stupidest thing i ever read.

• Like 1