Sign in to follow this  
Daryan_AT

Reduce the sound of Bashing / Destroying

Please reduce the sound of destroying sounds! If someone on deed is bashing, even if far away, it still sounds as they are bashing my house door.

At least an option in the settings, just for certain sounds, as destroying would be really great addition to reduce annoyance!

• Like 4

+1 for option/slider for basing, emotes, etc.

Give players some freedom to deal with the annoying environment.

It's silly to mute the client from volume mixer to deal with it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnn said:

+1 for option/slider for basing, emotes, etc.

Give players some freedom to deal with the annoying environment.

It's silly to mute the client from volume mixer to deal with it.

+1, bashing, emotes, the turrets that look nice but clang a lot and make weird warping noises.

+1

I'm guessing PvPers will -1, PvE will +1.  @Finnnhas the right idea with making it an optional level.

I realize we can't go around making every sound optional, but it's really loud when I bash something for myself.  It's unnecessary.

If it needs to be loud so PvPers can be aware, alrighty, but not my problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reylaark said:

+1

I'm guessing PvPers will -1, PvE will +1.  @Finnnhas the right idea with making it an optional level.

I realize we can't go around making every sound optional, but it's really loud when I bash something for myself.  It's unnecessary.

I missed the pve part.... but that is why we cant have nice things... pve / pvp bull.... every time, the same discussion when there are votes.

Shouldn't be hard to implement option for all events.. unless it's somehow hardcoded limitation. :huh:

4 hours ago, Reylaark said:

+1

omg those nasty pvp'rs are -1!

how dare they

tell you what, I want to hear bashing when it happens on freedom too

don't like the noise, turn down your sound then

• Like 1

-1, no need for a slider for each individual sound, that is just silly.

If it's that annoying, mute/turn down your volume for the couple of minutes it takes.

I agree the sound is bashing is too loud, compared with everything else. It would be nice to lower it somewhat.

For turrets, can we have a different sound, that cannot be confused? Something specific to turrets only.

I was imping on my forge and I heard the sound of bashing. Since no one was in local I found it odd so I went to investigate. Turns out my friend didnt feed the troll he was using for pen training and it was bashing my deed to get out and eat.

If not for the loud bashing sound, I would had missed it. Needless to say, 1 less troll in the world.

-1 to this suggestion.

Edited by Angelklaine
  • Like 2

Nothing to do with pvp, i want to hear angry mobs bashing when hungry. 

Pvp there is a white name in my local so I know to go investigate without needing sound, although it helps. 

Why do you have to assume that because it was-1 it was for pvp reasons lol. We aren't the fussy ones, we aren't the ones asking for sliders :P and we bash the most! 

Edited by Mclavin

I could consider lowering the sound a tiny bit to be simular volume to other actions or just above that.

Troll incident above is a good example when it relaly needs to be heard.

• Like 1

point taken on the troll, and yes I do hit the mute button on my keyboard prior to beginning a bashing action.

I am not convinced the volume has anything to do with it rendering and made audible.  I can hear a cow and lion fighting from far and it doesn't need to be at a high decibel to render locally.

Used to live next to a herd of Hell Horses on deliverance.  Crazy loud.  Decibels were eventually lowered, qol increased, no one died.

Also lived next to insanely annoying and immature sacks who liked to antagonize their neighbors with emotes 24/7.

Emotes are now optional, qol increased, no one died.

Whether it's for your pet troll or pvp really doesn't mean jack to me.  I haven't said you need to just deal with my preferences, there is zero reason for you to insist I just deal with yours.

• Like 1

You can hear archery then you will hear bashing, they just want it a little lower, it won't effect pvp at all

But - 1 to sliders

2 hours ago, Mclavin said:

You can hear archery then you will hear bashing, they just want it a little lower, it won't effect pvp at all

But - 1 to sliders

keep yours maxed out;

how's this affecting you???:huh:

+1 for option to reduce sound of bashing and emotes. Also I just want the option to check off a box (like for door sounds/weather/etc) to not hear those gosh darn noisy turrets! I have a love/hate relationship with them. Love the way they look, hate hearing them and don't wanna reduce Wurm's volume entirely just for that.

While we're mentioning emotes....

How about adding  some option to mute just specific players or emotes?

I've met a few ..... ....... spamming specific emotes, forcing me to mute all together...

SURE, that is a solution, but could be improved, some people are just toxic and will be annoying. 

Could there be an option to deal with such individuals, while the rest of the world could be experienced as usual? (muting all emotes because of 1-2 people seems limiting solution:unsure:)

9 hours ago, Finnn said:

keep yours maxed out;

how's this affecting you???:huh:

What????? 

I just said it didn't effect pvp, its fine to lower the bash sound. Im - 1on sliders cause i rather we all hear same ###### for certain actions, i also don't want devs spending more time on this than what's needed because its very minor so I rather they just tweak it down and the three people who want the change can rest thier ears in  peace

On 29.1.2018 at 10:27 PM, JakeRivers said:

omg those nasty pvp'rs are -1!

how dare they

tell you what, I want to hear bashing when it happens on freedom too

don't like the noise, turn down your sound then

See? if you don't like it, you can turn your slider down and don't hear it,

the other one wants to hear it, he leave the slider on top level.

Thats why is uggest a slider or optional reduce of the sound. Obviously the best choice, to make it optional for all, not silly lol

On 30.1.2018 at 11:34 PM, Finnn said:

While we're mentioning emotes....

How about adding  some option to mute just specific players or emotes?

I've met a few ..... ....... spamming specific emotes, forcing me to mute all together...

SURE, that is a solution, but could be improved, some people are just toxic and will be annoying. 

Could there be an option to deal with such individuals, while the rest of the world could be experienced as usual? (muting all emotes because of 1-2 people seems limiting solution:unsure:)

Yes haha ^_^ i support that as well =)