Sign in to follow this  
Darmalus

Quality Names and Bulk Sorting

For items that can be stored in bulk (BSB or FSB) I propose that a "Quality Name" be attached. Thus a QL 32 plank, oak become a decent decent plank, oak.

This would allow for items to be automatically sorted by quality in bulk storage and prevent accidentally averaging different qualities together. Damaged items would be sorted according to their current effective quality. Like many players, the majority of my storage exists to sort by quality, not because I actually have that much stuff.

To allow different qualities to be merged, I also propose a new command: Merge Stacks. Select 2 or more stacks in a bulk container, or a collection of individual items outside a bulk container, a right click-> merge stack. This averages out the quality and sets the imp material (in applicable) just like throwing them all in a current bsb together.

Example Names:

• 0-9         Shoddy
  • 10-19     Poor
  • 20-29     Rough
  • 30-39     Decent
  • 40-49     Good
  • 50-59     Very Good
  • 60-69     Excellent
  • 70-79     Superb
  • 80-89     Exquisite
  • 90-99     Amazing
  • 100         Flawless
Edited by Darmalus

11 Quality names, That can easily be organized with 3 bsb racks. Sounds nice, but the work to implement this doesn't seem necessary or that much more convenient.

7 hours ago, Yiraia said:

11 Quality names, That can easily be organized with 3 bsb racks. Sounds nice, but the work to implement this doesn't seem necessary or that much more convenient.

But this one goes to 11.        +1

Edited by armyskin
Spinal Tap
  • Like 1

Yeah, this doesn't seem necessary.  Anyone who really cares about QL sorting uses multiple BSB's/racks.

Most WU servers already do this. They don't use "quality names" but you have the option of having items sorted by 10s (01-09, 10-19, 20-29 etc) Furthermore, you can enable or disable sorting simply by right clicking the bsb (enable sorting/disable sorting) ,so that people who WANT this can have it, and people who don't, won't.  I am not sure who wrote the script but it is used on at least three completely different public servers I have played on, and in fact I have never played on one that did NOT have this script.

It's an especially newbie friendly option as veteran elites of course have 50 BSBs laying around, but new players often struggle to have more than one or two.  Of course, that assumes veteran players actually want to appeal to new players. Maybe they don't, I dunno. 

So it can't be that hard to implement, at least if the script author is willing to help WO in exchange for maybe a public thanks when it is implemented. Or maybe they won't , I dunno. Sometimes WO makes a point of making WU players into "second class siblings", so maybe sharing ideas is not such a great idea.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

Newbies have no need for 90 ql planks, bricks, nails, etc.  Anyone that does have a need to QL sort their bulk items should be able to make multiple bins.

I find it strange that people -1 suggestions like these.  It literally adds a quality of life improvement to the game.  Now ofc there's a work around but why not?  

On 30/01/2018 at 4:22 AM, Toma said:

I find it strange that people -1 suggestions like these.  It literally adds a quality of life improvement to the game.  Now ofc there's a work around but why not?  

I used to think the same way, but then i realized didn't take account for the amount of work it takes to do something vs how great of a difference it makes. 11 different qualities can EASILY be sorted 3 bins... that simple. Also, with the option 90-99 being amazing, i think it doesnt help much. I think some people store their qualities like 1-50 (creation) 50-60, 60-70, 70-80, 90-95, 95-97, 97-98, 98-99, 99-100 for imp materials because of how much material is consumed and how you don't want high quality materials being wasted with something 2 ql below it.