Sign in to follow this  
Wilczan

Bigger chest instead of coffins.

Isn't it stupid that we keep large stuff, or stuff in general in rafts and coffins? Coffins, really?

I demand some another chest wich is bigger then large chest. So we could store all the pickaxes, shovels etc.

il_fullxfull.705471585_nza9.jpg

• Like 6

Wait, you can store pickaxes and shovels in large chests tho. But i agree and see your point. :)

+1 to more storage!

Size runed large chest can fit every single tool/weapon in the game, including long bows and halberds, or just use LSU.

• Like 1

Just now, Oblivionnreaver said:

Size runed large chest can fit every single tool/weapon in the game, including long bows and halberds, or just use LSU.

Fishing rods also?

Large storage units are all well and good but -  'Does not reduce decay of contents', not sure why as most other containers do.

A well imped coffin greatly reduces decay of contents, as does a chest to an extent. 

I would love to see a larger chest model, for aesthetics and more storage options

(and rename large chest, chest, as its not large at all :lol:)

• Like 1

We have small and large chests, add in huge to fit the weapon naming convention.  

+1 huge chests

+1, you had me at "huge chests". ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

... goddamnit I'm lonely...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Flubb said:

+1, you had me at "huge chests". ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

... goddamnit I'm lonely...

+1 to bigger chests

On 1/29/2018 at 4:33 AM, LordLouis said:

Large storage units are all well and good but -  'Does not reduce decay of contents', not sure why as most other containers do.

That statement means no reduction of decay compared to specific items that do reduce decay, such as the alchemists cupboard and picnic baskets. 

It has the same effect on decay as any regular storage unit.

• Like 1

On 28/01/2018 at 5:33 PM, LordLouis said:

A well imped coffin greatly reduces decay of contents, as does a chest to an extent. 

I would love to see a larger chest model, for aesthetics and more storage options

(and rename large chest, chest, as its not large at all :lol:)

LSU does have the same decay reduction rate as a chest.

Also QL has no effect on decay reduction in containers o.o

Good suggestion. The large storage units are great for large items and store up to 300 normally. Yet a larger chest (wooden) with that sort of design that would hold same type items as a coffin would be a nice addition.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

That statement means no reduction of decay compared to specific items that do reduce decay, such as the alchemists cupboard and picnic baskets. 

It has the same effect on decay as any regular storage unit.

Okay, I will admit I'm not the sharpest tool in the box, but how does 'Does not reduce decay of contents' translate to what you just said? So it does reduce decay of contents, same as any other container.. I moved all my stuff back to coffins after I read that! Lol

1 hour ago, Nadroj said:

Also QL has no effect on decay reduction in containers o.o

Nadroj, thanks, never even knew that until you said and it made me surf the extremely well written wiki some more! There is even a myths section on the decay page, maybe a good spot for that. 

On 2/1/2018 at 4:34 AM, LordLouis said:

Okay, I will admit I'm not the sharpest tool in the box, but how does 'Does not reduce decay of contents' translate to what you just said? So it does reduce decay of contents, same as any other container.. I moved all my stuff back to coffins after I read that! Lol

Because at that time we'd released several things that had a significant effect on decay reduction, that added extra protection against decay. The LSU simply has the regular decay reduction of being a container. 

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

The LSU simply has the regular decay reduction of being a container. 

I'd suggest changing the description to match this. Rather than "does not reduce decay" change it to "reduces decay at standard rate" or something. I just woke up from a nap, so not at my keenest, haha.

I think most of us interpreted it as not reducing decay at all.

Edited by Hailene
  • Like 1

Rather than a different large chest I'd love to see the old coffins with the dark stone slab look back as bsbs fit perfectly under them,. Made a workroom so much better than anything we have now, could repurpose them as toolchests or something. All the new stuff doesn't compare with that.