Sign in to follow this  
Tristanc

[Done] Bee Hive entry addtion/modificaton

In CA Help a question came up regarding the possibility of a bee hive queen migrating from a noisy domestive bee hive,

The player responses to the question indicated that yes, domestic bee hive queens can be gotten to migrate using the standard migration mechanics.  It was noted that in the Wurmpedia entry for Bee Hive, all references to migration are solely made with regard to wild bee hives, none regarding domestic.  One of the Wurmpedia editors PM'd me at the time and in the discussion I stated I'd test it out for myself and post the result here.

On my Fort Buda deed on Independance server, there was a domestic QL 68 noisy bee hive that  I wished to get the extra queen to migrate from.  Set out an empty QL 35 bee hive next to it as the prospective host for a new hive to get started in.

It took a few days, but as of last night I succeeded in having the established 'noisy' bee hive change to 'active', with a new colony in the lower QL once-empty bee hive, which is now active.  I note that even though normal practice (and the Wurmpedia) states having sugar in the empty hive doesn't affect migration, i did have some sugar in it regardless, if that makes any difference.

Could the Bee Hive entry please be modified to note that migration from a noisy hive to an empty hive is possible for domestic bee hives as well, not just wild?  Thanks.

Also happened to me, i just happened to have an empty domestic beehive 5 tiles away on opposite side of large iron fence from the noisy domestic beehive and the queen migrated ( took about a week ) not sure if there is a 'max' distance between the empty and noisy beehives, but it is possible they can migrate at least 5 tiles away, domestic ones anyways, haven't tested a wild beehive distance.

I'd agree on around 5 tiles at least, and empty and lower ql.

In my case it was a random hive waiting to be imped.