Sign in to follow this  
Steveleeb

The Effect of Rarity on Weapons (PvE)

Could someone clear this up?
Preferably a developer.

Wurmpedia; Weapons that turn rare, supreme, or fantastic are granted extra damage upon each hit. There have been no numbers published on the exact bonus.
Section - General Observations = Looking at weapons, these (rares) tend to hit harder and faster

This has been chronically contested by the alliance i'm in and i'm not sure who to believe anymore.
As humans we are very good at observing all kinds of patterns..
My ability to hit Rift Jackals has increased by far more than can be accounted for by RNG since turning my axe rare.
Yet im told that Rare weapons only increase critical hit chance within PvP environments and have no affect on PvE.

I know what i saw, my skill is only 2 points higher than it was during my first rift. 
Unless Jackals have been slightly nerfed within the last 3 months, turning my huge axe rare made a big difference. 

Could someone who knows the WO code (not WU) please clarify.

From what I always understood, a rare item is always better than a non rare counterpart in general.

1/3/5% dmg, 10/30/50% crit chance vs players. They don't swing faster and weapon skill nor rarity doesn't effect hit rate, you most likely had more people targeting the npc than you did, each extra person is equivalent to 10 points of fighting in pve.

Go swing at something 1000 times with 1ql weapon then do the same with 1ql rare, you'll see if there's a bonus to accuracy or not.

• Like 1

I'm not referring to how fast the mob went down. That has nothing to do with my observations.
I could barely hit them before, now im hitting them within 5 seconds. 
Ogres were also affected. 
Something has changed. im trying to deduce whether or not it's my rarity because it isn't my skill, if it was merely RNG then  the freak-happening consistency of it (2 hours worth) boggles the mind.

Edited by Steveleeb

What I think he means is that CR increases when a mob is surrounded by players, so you hit more. Maybe you are comparing hitting a mob with less players than one with more. There are to many variables during a rift to guess.

• Like 1

There is also rng.  I've been in big group pvp like 12v12 where me with 90+ nimble weapons, king cr bonus, 100~ fs, and I just hit maybe 2 or 3 times total but the scrub with 70fs and average gear hits like a madman...  Then another time I hit more than anyone else

• Like 1

Wurm RNG is strange. 50% chance to create something and I fail 25 times before I make it. Something tells me the numbers are borked somewhere :blink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angelklaine said:

CR increases when a mob is surrounded by players, so you hit more.

TIL...  That is interesting and it makes sense.  When something is trying to fight off multiple opponents, it logically must be focusing less on defending against any single target, so chance to hit it is much greater.

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 1:40 PM, Steveleeb said:

I could barely hit them before, now im hitting them within 5 seconds.

I don't think a blue rare weapon effects hit much if any. In WO I use a rare 2hand sword with 90+ nimble and still miss like crazy. Most noticeable on Trolls and even Spiders (maybe they dance around on all those legs or something).

On a WU server I make all weapons Fantastic just because it is simple to do. What effect this even has it's hard to tell there and not worth the bother to figure out, as with Fantastic LT Longsword and Shield and 85 cloth armor I can fight 3 trolls at once and end fight healed. Takes a bit of time but raises skills faster, so worth it when they start to bother me while traveling along my merry way.

=Ayes=