Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Orphan Skills

This is really just a suggestion to give some orphaned skills a parent skill to:

1.  Clean up the skills UI

2.  Give a minor buff to training the parent skills through levelling these skills

So....

Milling -> Cooking

Coal Making -> Smithing

Paving -> Masonary

Tracking -> Nature

Rope Making -> Tailoring (a bit of a stretch)

Prospecting -> Smithing

• Like 5

I'd place Coal Making under Firemaking, other than that, +1.

• Like 3

Prospecting should be under mining.  That is where the permissions for it already are.

• Like 3

Aye, prospecting under mining. As for ropemaking, I could see that under nature more than tailoring. Only thing with making such a change at this point in time though is that doing so would mean folks that already did heavy grinding in those skills now have missed the ability to raise the parent skills by raising that subskill, so could cause a bit of friction there.

50 minutes ago, Shrimpiie said:

Aye, prospecting under mining. As for ropemaking, I could see that under nature more than tailoring. Only thing with making such a change at this point in time though is that doing so would mean folks that already did heavy grinding in those skills now have missed the ability to raise the parent skills by raising that subskill, so could cause a bit of friction there.

No reason to discard a good idea because it wasn't thought of earlier.

Edited by Darmalus

Yeah, i would put prospecting under mining, coalmaking under firemaking. And rope making seems most fit under tailoring in wurm sense. But Overall +1 for the suggestion

• Like 1

a simple search/filter box/field in the skills window would resolve most frustrations.
that said, +1

Edited by Steveleeb

+1 and yes, prospecting under mining and ropemaking under tailoring and coalmaking under firemaking - good idea, Ether!

Ropemaking just does not seem like a tailoring item.  They are big and have nothing to do with tailoring really.  I like the nature spot but even shipbuilding would seem more appropriate than tailoring.

• Like 1

The "ropemaking under tailoring" was because we count spinning and weaving as cloth tailoring; the act of rope making is somewhat similar?

The items you get from spinning and weaving are used in tailoring but not ropemaking.  And I don't think it is very similar at all to me.

Prospecting under mining for sure... Why aren't they, really?

Maybe because it was intended that the parent skill always does something, and here nothing seemed obvious? Just brainstorming.

+1 for a great QoL improvement
(Necro)

Edited by whereami
dat thread-necro doe