Sign in to follow this  
Demonix

Wine barrel rarity not affecting affinity output

I was doing some beverage testing with some red wine sealed in a rare barrel I created.  Today I unsealed it to test the affinity and said affinity was the same as if it was fermented/aged in a regular barrel.

Is this an oversight?  many other things in the process such as fruit presses or stills will modify the affinity, while one theory I have is that the affinity for most beverages is static during the fermentation stage.  Can we get confirmation that this is either intended or an oversight?

Varies by woodscrap normally I'm not sure barrel comes into it in any way. I've never tried a rare scrap, will do with the next one i lay hands on though.

woodscrap doesn't matter for wine or I would have seen it by now.  I'm talking about the barrel rarity.

Just to add on to this, I found another odd factor in beverages - made wine with a rare fruit press, which changed the affinity of the grape juice.  However, the modified grape juice appeared to have no effect on the end product (red wine).  It seems like there are certain parts of beverages that don't follow the affinity/cooking system - is this intended?