Sign in to follow this  
sandokhan

Flag Spear for pvp

Flag spear or something like a Roman Aquila. It will give, for example, extra DR or any other bonus for all alliance members that are in the close proximity.
The holder will get extra defense bonus for the risk of being primairy target.

The idea is to add more dynamic to skirmish.

Conquering the flag spear of the enemy could can make a nice display at your deed. Or when conquered an x amount of them could be exchanged to something...

• Like 1

Extra dr -.- . Spend years trying to reduce dr bonuses and their effect on pvp and yet here's another suggestion for more dr. 

How about just having a unique (as in singular non craftable) spear with flag per pmk just because it would be nice 

I keep open what kind of bonus. That's why i said for example. 

Instead of only a bonus from the Flag spear it could be combined with certain (new) skills. Leadershipskills. What i have in mind is what is being used in eve online. Leadershipskills that give certain bonuses to the group. This is another idea beside the Flag spear. But that might be to much to implement even at long terms.

CRU087_1(L).jpg

If anything, seeing your company's standard flying high and forging into enemy lines should instill morale and confidence into troops.  Not only was it a symbol by which commanders could tell who was where, but it was the rallying cry. 

The Knights Templar used it to great effect for as long as a Templar saw it flying, they fought.  Each taking their place bearing the standard if one fell.  I've read where just seeing the Knight Templar standard was enough to cause some opposing soldiers to flee, because they knew the Templars would not surrender and feared them.  After all, it was ordained by god himself delivered to the pope's ear, they fight to death if need be for the salvation of Christendom.  For a Templar to die on the battlefield was an automatic admission to heaven.

For short, a standard is the very core of your army on the field.  It should not give defense buffs but should give CR bonuses as the morale and bravery they inspire will cause men to hold fast and rally together in the face of tough opposition.  After all, hope is the strongest weapon we can wield.

New item,  Battle Standard which grants a CR bonus (not DR) to all friendly comrades of the person who has it equipped.  Should that person fall, thus unequipping the Battle Standard, all allies lose the CR bonus until a comrade picks it up and equips it again, reactivating it.  CR bonus scales with ql of item for a max CR bonus of X at 100ql.  Must be premium player to equip, possibly with body strength requirements.  Possibly incorprate the formation of ingame teams by CR bonus only effecting comrades in your team.  In this way you could also split players into multiple teams to further your command of the field, giving unique perspective watching your Standards move on the field and granting groups bonuses.

Edited by Nomadikhan

" Conquering the flag spear of the enemy could can make a nice display at your deed "

It could also make a valuable commodity to sell on freedom, of which chaos already has enough...

I wish we could somehow have shield walls. That's how battles went down in the times wurm is supposed to be. Can't see a way that could be set up though.