Sign in to follow this  
Aetherion

[No Bug] no skill after digging and dropping dirt.

I started a fresh account and started digging and dropping dirt, because the only tar pit nearby was a 40 slope in the middle of the deep water. I dug until almost 6 skill then I stopped gaining. I logged out and back in to no avail. logged out waited for char to leave world, came back in and gained skill until just before 8 and it happened again. pretty frustrating to say the least. 

I got this from support.

[12:45:13] <Shydow> Digging and dropping dirt very quickly hits the anti-botting limit, I recommend moving a tile after every few sets. You can also log out for /lotime to reset it as well

seems like i should be able to dig and drop dirt to at least 20 skill.

I think digging skill does not work for those that just dig and drop, to avoid botting for skill in this manner. If you don't want to move around then clay, tar or peat are your only options.

it's a sandbox i should be able to dig and drop dirt. it's not like i am trying to do it to 90 i need like 14 to dig a 40+ slope. but i'll move around, since this is such a issue to gain skill with a noobie shovel.

A solution sort of is to dig moss, it works good for noob accounts and can plant it anywhere easily

thanks to the efforts to prevent botting, high skilled accounts actually sell for a ton of money here.  Annoying in game play from time to time, but overall it is a good thing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrGARY said:

A solution sort of is to dig moss, it works good for noob accounts and can plant it anywhere easily

forgot about moss, hard to find for a noob most often