Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

Run Specials on Coin in the Shop

Coin issues persist partly because when players buy silver from players, no new coin gets injected into the game.  Plus CC loses out on potential sales of coin from the shop.

I suggest running a Shop Sale on coin every now and then - randomly, without notice.  Make it a real sale that would entice players to buy coin from the shop instead of each other.  This will help infuse new coins into the coffers and help CC financially at the same time.

The amount would need to be less than what players sell to each other for (at 1s = 1EU).  Maybe do something like a Half Off sale where you get 2s for 1EU.

Discuss.

• Like 4

This is a great idea. More new coin into the game = better in game economy. 

I dont understand why why they’re charging so much for coins still. My only conclusion is that they’re trying to increase revenue, and lowering the cost of coin would lower what players sell to each other for, and not actually generate new revenue for themselves. 

However by lowering premium to 8e it’s better to buy your premium in the store than wth silver in game since the general going rate is 10e for 10s. 

I wonder if them having sales too regularly would just lower the price between players since most would know and prefer to just get it on sale at the shop. . Which would then negate the effect of having the sale in the first place. .

• Like 1

Coin that players sell to each other was bought from the shop at some point in the past, they've made the sale regardless of where you buy from.

No matter how cheap the shop sells, someones going to cash out and sell it cheaper than the shop, so unless you Zimbabwe the currency people are always going to buy from other players. 2s for 1 euro sounds like it'd do that quite nicely however. You'd devaluate the currency and everyone would double their prices to compensate, all it'd do is take money from people that have silver in the bank.

• Like 5

The official shop is a joke, it costs me $2.55/s

So unless they do like a 60-75% off I wouldn't even consider it.

• Like 1

Seems to that it would have been better for them to put premium options 8e for 1 month and 5e for 15 days on shop, instead of 5s for 15 days ingame with recent update. They just shot themself in the foot with that imo. More players would buy premium for their priests and alt that way from shop instead with ingame silvers they purchase from other players.

And i like idea of ocassional sales from shop for much lower prices btw. I know most of us love selling our earned silvers for euros, but there must be revenue for developers so this game can grow even more.

Edited by kochinac

make the silver cheaper in bulk especially then there is more money that should flow around in game. No one will lower prices on products but, suddenly people will be able to afford good and services because they have the cash to buy. I would love to expand a deed or two that few extra tiles and be able to prem. another account or two. Kinda costly right now. Game wins by being the comparable source to buy bulk silver. Cheaper game currency= more premium time, more goods and services bought and more revenue on bigger deeds.

59 minutes ago, kochinac said:

Seems to that it would have been better for them to put premium options 8e for 1 month and 5e for 15 days on shop

Transactions fees would take quite a bit of a 5 euro transaction.

3 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Transactions fees would take quite a bit of a 5 euro transaction.

That is no problem.

Add a new website token(currency) system:

buy that in bulk in or out of some discount period, call it CCCoins or whatever..

tokens could be turned into:

- silver/premium time(2week/4week/month/2months/etc with discounts for longer periods?)/items from the shop/gifts(for other people)/ and so on...

- maybe make tokens tradeable ingame also (? maybe between website accounts also, so nothing's ever lost or wasted)

*** tricky part is to balance promotions so alt hoarders can't stack endless supply of discounts, etc (but even than CC wins $)

Why tokens, and not half-1 year prem time packs? Because it's flexible for the customer.

This is just profits tho.... advertising is still the tough part as the game and player-base is kind of a niche. :unsure: 

Plenty of topics about this and none with solution afaik.

Same with website shop, plenty of ideas and topics around the forums, words just fade trough the years. :(

• Like 1

Players pay VAT when they buy silvers from the shop. 25%, 12%, 6% in sweden. Export VAT is 0 in Europe according to Wikipedia.

Silvers are way too expensive in wurm shop for sure.

On 23/01/2018 at 11:25 AM, Xor said:

This is a great idea. More new coin into the game = better in game economy. 

*Forages till the coffers are empty* *dumps coins into deed upkeep*

jk though +1

• Like 1

-1 this would just let some buy coins from them for cheap and then turn around and sell them to players at a profit.

They could sell special discounted coins that can't be traded.

This would never work, always going to be a better deal from players. 

Let's just wait and see when the well dries up if they don't decide this is a good idea.  I think coin is draining from supply faster than it is getting replaced.  That can only happen for so much time.