Sign in to follow this  
Ziem

[Bug] Boat speed bug

Crossed the Xanadu - Pristine border, when loaded up on pristine, we had an ultra speed on our Knarr 40-50 km/h. When i Moored it gone back to normal.

Sounds like another occurrence of this:

Can you please tell how many passengers there were? Did the players change commander seat? Did the commander or passengers log off and when?

It's hard to tell when exactly this strange speed happens, so any details may be useful!

Edited by Anarres

It seems to fix its self on the next boat speed calculation check, might not find the root cause but it does fix on a passenger disembarking and reembarking might just need to make sure it refreshes the speed once its properly crossed servers or just put a random poll in that rechecks it shortly after crossing to make sure its not incorrect.

I was just staring at the code for the last 30 mins and nothing dawned on me as wrong with the math to make it double up like that it might even have a client side cause since movement is mostly handled by the client as far as I can tell from past looking at how players move on WU.

Edited by Darklords

We were 3 people, and i think i was autorunning. When crossed servers I think we all left the Knarr - due to another known bug that makes you feel you're outside the boat when crossing servers -  and embark again (but not changing the commander). None of us log off due this time

The speed bug only occurs when the commander is force-dismounted on server cross.

When force-dismounted i can force the speed-bug with 100% reliability, but can't force the dismount so haven't reported it.

Devs can PM for action sequence that will narrow down the code to check.

Edited by Wulvarik

I just had this happen these days. It was the first time I experienced it myself, and the only thing I see that was different than my usual travels, was that I was now with 3 passengers in my knarr (3 + 1 commander). I usually travel alone or with another toon, and never had it happen that way.

I was looking at the commander's screen at the time of crossing. As usual in the past few months at least, the commander ended up in a weird "under the ship" position after crossing, so I disembarked and embarked again. Then I noticed 56 kmh. Damn nice, but well... :D Disembarking again, and re-embarking commander, as suggested in some comment on forums, didn't change it. After mooring and everyone leaving ship, it ended.