Sign in to follow this  
Xor

PC: Raw Dragon scale and Dragon hide

what’s the going rate on the stuff. 

Also, how is it acquired? Is it any different than back in 2014?

Is it true you can combine different colors and keep the color of the active piece?

Thank you!

Drake Hide around 40c per 0.01kg

Dragon Scale around 50c per 0.01kg

Only comes from dragons and drakes but now they respawn :D

Yes you can combine colors and keep the active color.

• Like 1

plain red scale complete sets are around 200-220s and plain hide sets around 75-85s - in case you wanted to compare to full sets.

Welcome back!!!  Come back to Pristine!

• Like 3

Here's the thing...

Dragon Scale has been selling for 50c per 0.01kg for quite a bit now... but it seems over priced.  That's 290s for a full set based on weight of bits to make a set.   Complete sets, and in some cases with a great helm, are being offered at 250s.

I, and am probably the only one, think scale pieces need to drop in price.

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

plain red scale complete sets are around 200-220s and plain hide sets around 75-85s - in case you wanted to compare to full sets.

Welcome back!!!  Come back to Pristine!

Hoping to grind my skills and eventually make my own this time around

also I AM back! I took over waterdeep near my old deed \o/

... but I’m gonna change the name because the name depresses me that Tuanta and some others of that alliance are gone now. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nomadikhan said:

Here's the thing...

Dragon Scale has been selling for 50c per 0.01kg for quite a bit now... but it seems over priced.  That's 290s for a full set based on weight of bits to make a set.   Complete sets, and in some cases with a great helm, are being offered at 250s.

Completely agree with you. 

Shoot it there is a full rare scale set available for 300e. (And I think it might be the same set I had several years ago which was similar price then lol)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xor said:

Completely agree with you. 

Shoot it there is a full rare scale set available for 300e. (And I think it might be the same set I had several years ago which was similar price then lol)

There is a lot of scale now, I still don't understand why people think set is worth 300e.

I'm saying right now everyone is overpaying if you're paying 300. You can buy a set for 220s-250s or maybe even less. Black, Blue, Green unless it's fully rare isn't 300. Don't get scammed people.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nomadikhan said:

Here's the thing...

It is being overpriced and it needs to end now.

• Like 2

If you think it's overpriced, don't buy it.  The fact that people still seem to be buying scale at 50s / kg indicates that that's the market price.  I guess there's additional value in making your own set, and folks are prepared to pay extra for that. 

FWIW, the best place to buy scale scraps is at a slaying - there are generally folks who will be looking to sell, and if you're there with silver, they may even give a slight discount for the convenience.  But expect to pay 50s / kg.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Wonka said:

If you think it's overpriced, don't buy it.  The fact that people still seem to be buying scale at 50s / kg indicates that that's the market price.  I guess there's additional value in making your own set, and folks are prepared to pay extra for that. 

FWIW, the best place to buy scale scraps is at a slaying - there are generally folks who will be looking to sell, and if you're there with silver, they may even give a slight discount for the convenience.  But expect to pay 50s / kg.

Completely agree, the market makes itself, and the fair price is one a buyer and seller agree on.  I have no real idea on the market, but everything else seems to be harder to sell / cheaper at the moment from low activity. 

But I can see the logic behind expecting the matierals to cost closer to the value of the item it creates / less since it requires skill and time, not counting failures losing material too(iirc). 

Either way I’ll be paying market prices whether I like it or not :D

• Like 1

Waterdeep had some really bad history after Tuanta left.  SUper glad to see someone with a great reputation moving back in there and restoring it to it's glory.  Look forward to seeing you in game soon!

5 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

Waterdeep had some really bad history after Tuanta left.  SUper glad to see someone with a great reputation moving back in there and restoring it to it's glory.  Look forward to seeing you in game soon!

Niki referred me to the thread on the forums. I'm so sorry to hear that happend to this community :/ 

It unfortunately resembles nothing like the original deed that I remember, but hopefully I can make something equally impressive in the end. Neighbors that i've met seem friendly though \o/