Sign in to follow this  
Maximillian

Gaining affinities and timers.

I was looking at how we can gain affinities and it seems the idea situation is using a super fast tool all the time for gaining affinities. It might be nice to have the chances of gaining an affinity based on timers so slower actions that start inside that window can still get a chance?

Edit: There is also the case where a fast tool can hit 4-5 hits inside the same window while a slower tool would be 1 at best, I think it would be nice to offset that with a higher % to gain an affinity with longer timers.

Edited by Maximillian
  • Like 1

It was the one thing I had on my mind too. I dont tend to use high QL or heavily enchanted tools and many of the things often have a higher than 20 seconds timer. Some skills will even be impossible to get an affinity in. For example meditation, with a 2ish minute timer?

I mine often with a low QL and coc enchanted mining pick. My first attempt (full stamina bar) will be below 20 seconds, but the next timers will take longer than 20 seconds which means my first timer could potentially "trigger" the affinity timer, but due to the long timer of the second queued action I wont even get a chance on an affinity gain at all.

I would agree with any method to make slower tools / 20sec+ timers  having at least "a" chance to get an affinity.

Edited by Viti

I'd make the window tick based first, and then time based. For example:

- Window opened, processing skill ticks;

- Affinity gained (end window immediately).

- X skill ticks processed (end window immediately).

- Y minutes have passed (end window, even if we haven't hit X ticks).

The numbers could be tweaked, but I think the general idea would solve the problem of tick spam.

Edited by Roccandil
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Viti said:

Some skills will even be impossible to get an affinity in. For example meditation, with a 2ish minute timer?

Im really lucky and i get meditation affinity 2 days ago :D

But i agree your words :)