Sign in to follow this  
Orsus

[Fixed] Digging/Mining the Tile Corner

I play WU on a server with no mods installed.  

Recently I found while digging or mining, that I can select the Tile Corner and the dig or mine that tile corner with no limit on range provided that a wall or building does not break Line of Sight.   

1:  Target a Tile Corner (Left Click), the little square that is formed where the tile borders meet.

2:  Travel any distance from that location, with the Tile Corner still selected or target the farthest Tile Corner from you possible.

3:  Right click the Select Bar and choose Dig or Mine as appropriate based on which tool is activated.

4:. Player is able to dig/mine from any distance provided that a wall or building does not break Line of Sight.

This has been tested by myself and multiple players on the server I play on.  I have talked with the GM about this issue.  He is unaware of any settings that can be adjusted or modified that would allow or disallow this to occur.

I seem able to replicate this on WO live. 

Mining the corner works from three-four tiles away. The slopes in the selected corner are affected (unexpected), and the rocks appear on player's tile as usual. (I tested with an alt with mining and an unhappy troll nearby, so I hope I saw that right :) but probably did.)Yep, it works.

Edited by Anarres

I tested it at close to 100 tiles on the WU server.  Took my horse over to the peat pit, selected the tile corner then went back to town.  I had another player test it as well, they were able to dig the tile corner from the same distance.