Daryan_AT

Add a button to call for help instead have to write help in local

Recommended Posts

We got shiny new tool bar and some new buttons and icons, but still the call for help is the same old. If one would aks me, i would say it is the most old thing Wurm Online has. 

A new player not even has the keybind set, you have to open a console, and add in some weird command line. in 2018 !!!   #omg #fail

Write help in local chat, is also not natural for new players, it is quite "unique" for WurmOnline.

 

How about we get a button added on the toolbar or somewhere else, but not keybound anymore??

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh, only if it can be toggled. I don't want an extra "help" button cluttering my screen for no reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can bind a key to do that. When i press my bound key i automaticly say "Guards!" In local.

 

Game already has the button. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Press F1, type bind z "say help"  can replace z with any key that works for you; also you can get creative as long as help or guards! is in the phrase.  For example mine says "guards! coffee break is over, kill this thing!"

 

It will always place it in the local channel regardless of what tab you're chatting in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nordlys said:

You can bind a key to do that. When i press my bound key i automaticly say "Guards!" In local.

Game already has the button. ;)

 

4 hours ago, Lisabet said:

Press F1, type bind z "say help"  can replace z with any key that works for you; also you can get creative as long as help or guards! is in the phrase.  For example mine says "guards! coffee break is over, kill this thing!"

lol u meen tipe styff en da commend promp? #oldgame #cantgamerite #unappealing. But seriously the guy already mentioned why this was a suggestion.

7 hours ago, Daryan_AT said:

A new player not even has the keybind set, you have to open a console, and add in some weird command line. in 2018 !!!   #omg #fail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 to adding a button to the Quickbar. Calling for guards to help is one thing all new players have to do. While I have it bound to Ctrl+z and would like that option to remain, I agree with OP that forcing a brand new player to open up Console gives the game an unfinished feeling.

 

18 hours ago, Budzilla said:

Meh, only if it can be toggled. I don't want an extra "help" button cluttering my screen for no reason.

+1 I'd like to be able to toggle the items in the Quickbar. A couple I don't use at all (Looking at you Lawful button).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

+1 to adding a button to the Quickbar. Calling for guards to help is one thing all new players have to do. While I have it bound to Ctrl+z and would like that option to remain, I agree with OP that forcing a brand new player to open up Console gives the game an unfinished feeling.

 

+1 I'd like to be able to toggle the items in the Quickbar. A couple I don't use at all (Looking at you Lawful button).

 

Thank you, exactly that. Having to bind keys in a console! is way to backward and underdeveloped. I couldn't explain to friends of mine that they have to bind a key i the games console to do a highly important thing to actually survive. Laughable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

keybinds rule, get with the program it will make your life much easier

 

buttons are for wow kiddies

 

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Keybind

 

also only new players really use this feature, once you get some good armor and a decent weapon and the skills to go with it you will never really bother with calling for help again

 

 

 

Edited by JakeRivers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I added the 'weird command' here for players that might not know what it is.  There is absolutely no reason to be rude about it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think key binds are ok for this task otherwise you should just ask for help in local. If the tutorial indicates this (if it doesn't it should) then that's fine. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think maybe one of the default menu bar binds should be help.  idk what they are now since i haven't seen default menu bar since forever but i think one is to bring up the mission progress window, which is easily obtained by clicking the mission progress bars, so just replace that with help, and make sure it's in the tutorial if it's not on how to use it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm torn about this. It's probably the most useful keybind to make early on, and it's useful to help players know there is such thing as keybinds even for saying words, therefore chat commands too. (e.g. /weather later)

I have to agree however that it is just too needed to have to drop to console after you find out about it (probably after saying "help" in the wrong channel, so a bad moment too).

And yet again, saying help in local is a great thing about wurm imo. You're calling the guards nearby, not by UI gizmos that just give you the effect.

 

Maybe... Make H a default keybind for saying help in local, and pick another for the ingame wiki.

(for new characters, of course)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2018 ! New update, introducing a sleepbonus button !  I liked this new feature, it helps  a lot myself and all new players who are confused already. What are we missing?

A call guards button ! A lot of people posted above, that they bind their "help", it is one of the first binding they do.

2018 !  beside the old-school players, younger players don't want binding, they want buttons like in any modern game, imo.

The tutorial does not mention how the newbies can call for help - they die often and need any help they can get in this complicated hardcore game, and we giggle in the GL about the recent death message - that is not cool  😉

If the devs are now working on buttons, please add also a call for help button.

Edited by Daryan_AT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2018 at 4:42 PM, Budzilla said:

Meh, only if it can be toggled. I don't want an extra "help" button cluttering my screen for no reason.

 

How do you like the new buttons?  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2018 at 2:54 AM, Anarres said:

I'm torn about this. It's probably the most useful keybind to make early on, and it's useful to help players know there is such thing as keybinds even for saying words, therefore chat commands too. (e.g. /weather later)

I have to agree however that it is just too needed to have to drop to console after you find out about it (probably after saying "help" in the wrong channel, so a bad moment too).

And yet again, saying help in local is a great thing about wurm imo. You're calling the guards nearby, not by UI gizmos that just give you the effect.

 

Maybe... Make H a default keybind for saying help in local, and pick another for the ingame wiki.

(for new characters, of course)

 

Could it be added, that already a keybind is done, and then the tutorial  gives a hint that you can press H  to call for help? and all newbies have to use it once, to continue the tutorial?

That would be a step in the right direction, imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2018 at 11:42 AM, Mirabelle said:

+1 to adding a button to the Quickbar. Calling for guards to help is one thing all new players have to do. While I have it bound to Ctrl+z and would like that option to remain, I agree with OP that forcing a brand new player to open up Console gives the game an unfinished feeling.

 

+1 I'd like to be able to toggle the items in the Quickbar. A couple I don't use at all (Looking at you Lawful button).

 

How do you like the new buttons with the recent update?

I waited so long for more Quickbar!!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll +1 this. If i had sleep bonus button in a bar when i was a newb would found out about it and how usefull it is much sooner, i guess it will help to alot of new players.

Also doesn't understand complaining so much about suggestion but i agree with only one thing that option to make our own tool bar by sellecting which buttons to display would be neat for those who doesnt like it cluttered like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daryan_AT said:

 

How do you like the new buttons?  :D

I toggled them off lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2018 at 3:39 PM, kochinac said:

I'll +1 this. If i had sleep bonus button in a bar when i was a newb would found out about it and how usefull it is much sooner, i guess it will help to alot of new players.

Also doesn't understand complaining so much about suggestion but i agree with only one thing that option to make our own tool bar by sellecting which buttons to display would be neat for those who doesnt like it cluttered like this.

 

On 12/27/2018 at 4:31 PM, Budzilla said:

I toggled them off lol

 

Yes, definitly you should have a Individualty with it if possible - see how the toolbar buttons can be toggled on and off in the settings? that is a good step to not force it on everybody, but have it an optional thing that is toggled on on standard. if you don't like it, toggle it off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now